Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
long arm sewing machines >

long arm sewing machines

long arm sewing machines

Old 09-19-2009, 06:33 AM

I'm not sure how much weight your frame will hold - that will really make a difference on what machine you get.
There are a few out there though depending on your budget.
You can also keep an eye on craigslist. That is where I just got my Voyager from.

There is also a homesteader that is just beautiful - another stretched machine but boy it is beautiful. If I had the money for one I would have done that one possibly.

I have a superquilter proflex frame that my Voyager will be sitting on - sadly, the woman that traded it in for her Nolting did not include all the pieces to the stitch regulator so I have to wait for either her to send them in to Nolting or for Nolting to give up waiting for her and to replace them. They did say they would get them to me in a "reasonable amount of time" whatever that is. I'm sure I'll get the pieces in by the time I get back from vacation on the 11th of Oct... then I can get to practicing!!

But for now it looks really pretty sitting on my floor lol.
I might have my husband put it together anyway so I can play with it next week although I do have other projects I need to get to...

Whatever machine you get I'm sure you will be happy with it.
Do try to get the longest neck you can afford. A lot of people get a 9" neck and are disappointed or outgrow it very quickly and then you'll be looking for the next bigger thing...
Old 09-21-2009, 08:04 AM

There are a couple of quilter's "for sale" web sites, but require membership. You might check with say Gammill, who is a long arm manufacturer, for used machines. Also there are many of their dealers around the US who have used machines. I got my first short arm from the Gammill people in West Plains, MO. Jan in KS