Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Longarm Quilting Machines

I have an APQS Freedom and absolutely LOVE it!

I have the HQ16 and love it. I can use all threads on it with no problem. The stitch regulator is great. I hope some day to upgrade to the all computerized one.

Blog Entries
    I have gammill classic and I love it. They are pricey but well worth it.

Blog Entries
    Ann, I quilt on a millennium that is older than that at our LQS. The owner sent her in to be refurbished and she came back purring. I also know they have newer wheels called M&M's that help with the movements as well as the Bliss system. If the machine runs well and it is the movements you are having problems with I'd be inclined to check out the M&M wheels and Bliss system.

I also have a friend w/a Statler Stitcher and she loves it (this is her buisness) of course the computer does very accurate work. Of course the $35,000 - 40,000 price tag makes it very spendy.

Hope this helps.
    Marie M.

I have the HQ Avante 18 and love it. Just used my Groovy boards and really is neat! Can't wait to get back to it today.

Just recently got a new-to-me Tin Lizzie Eighteen on a 10-12' frame after starting my learning curve on a Brother 1500S on a 5-10' New Joy Gold Standard Frame last July. So far I am loving it, just don't get enough time to quilt while I'm holding down a full time HS teaching job this school year. The guild I belong to sure is enjoying my practice on their charity quilts tho... :)

I also have a Nolting Pro 24 and wouldn't trade it for anything, I also have a friend with the same one and she calls it the Work Horse.

Babylock Jewel...

I have the HQ 16 and love it. Am thinking about getting the micro handles for doing more detailed work, do any of you HQ owners have them......do you like them and are they worth the investment?

I have a Gammill Premier that I have had for about 5 years. I love it, never have had any major problems, just the usual learning curve stuff. I don't use it as much as I should, but would like to change that. I'd like to get so I could do more free motion and custom block to block with it. It too is a learning curve that requires practice, practice, practice, and I have not done that. :oops:

I have a Nolting 30". It's great and I can do king size quilts.

Gosh, I am so jealous of all of you quilting machine owners. I just can't believe the prices. Is it worth all that investment? I do all of mine by hand which takes forever and would love to own one but I don't want to buy the "whole" company. giggle :(

Quote Originally Posted by carreen
    I recently put M&M wheels on my Millie and that sure made a difference in how she handles. Carreen
    for thos eof us new to long arms, can you explain what this means?

Thank you to everyone for the info. I'm hoping to get a long arm to replace my Janome 1600 on my Grace frame within the next year -- my retirement gift to myself. Everyone's input is helping me narrow my decision. Thanks again.

I have the Tin Lizzie LS and love it. I think I got a very good deal for the price I paid AND the folks at Tin Lizzie are top notch for their customer service.
    Good luck on your search .

Quote Originally Posted by auntjo
    Just recently got a new-to-me Tin Lizzie Eighteen on a 10-12' frame after starting my learning curve on a Brother 1500S on a 5-10' New Joy Gold Standard Frame last July. So far I am loving it, just don't get enough time to quilt while I'm holding down a full time HS teaching job this school year. The guild I belong to sure is enjoying my practice on their charity quilts tho... :)
    I have a brother pq-1500. It seems that the New Joy has features specifically for 9" throats. BUt I can't seem to find any pricing about these New Joy frames. What price range do they run in?

I have owned a Tin Lizzie 18LS for 3 years. I quilt for friends and a few customers. Would like more customers as I really love quilting. After getting the problems solved when it was new, I have little problem with it. Likes most any thread. It's not as expensive as so many out there. But, I can do most anything I need to on it, from ruler work to microwork or free hand.

Cynthia

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kclausing
    Quote Originally Posted by carreen
    I recently put M&M wheels on my Millie and that sure made a difference in how she handles. Carreen
    for thos eof us new to long arms, can you explain what this means?
    The "M&M" wheels are a new wheel that is designed for the Millennium long arm that is made by APQS. These wheels help the machine move on the rails easier. "Millie" is what may of us call our Millennium long arm machines.

Marie M.

Quote Originally Posted by kclausing
    Quote Originally Posted by auntjo
    I have a brother pq-1500. It seems that the New Joy has features specifically for 9" throats. BUt I can't seem to find any pricing about these New Joy frames. What price range do they run in?

I got my Brother & New Joy frame as a package - used from a Craig's List listing for $1100 - which was an outstanding price from my research. If I'm recalling correctly, the frames alone are ranging about $1500.

Not me.

I had been quilting on a Bailey mid-arm with a Grace frame for about 3 years. I started looking around and purchased an Innova 18" with 10 ft frame (all my room will hold) last November. It was delivered and assembled and I was shown basic stuff. And off I went.... I use only King Tut thread top and bottom, as that is what I love and used on Bailey. The difference is like night to day! I have quilted about 10 quilts so far, and the head moves with one hand and little pressure. Tension, etc., is as it was delivered. It is a fabulous machine. The Innova dealer I purchased from offers a 3-day course at their facility in Utah, free, and anytime I want to sign up. Have never gone as I am doing fine and don't have any issues. And I want to stay home and quilt!!
    I never saw this machine in person except for one brief time when I went to a local Innova owner's house to play a bit. Call me crazy, but it's the best purchase I have made in the quilting arena.
    PK

I have the Statler Stitcher by Gammill and love it.

Innova 18" on a 12' frame-love it.had a handiquilter and had lots of tension issues

HQ and it gets a workout.Love it.
    Brenda

I have the 26 inch Innova and love it. I hope to get to use it more this summer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast