Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking to buy a quilting machine >

Looking to buy a quilting machine

Looking to buy a quilting machine

Old 10-02-2011, 11:23 AM

I am also looking into getting a new machine and have looked at these also and I am looking at a Bernina. If we buy a house I want the machine with the frame, if we buy a RV 5th wheel and do the full time RV thing then I was looking at the Bernina or the Sweet sixteen since it come with the table.
I will be watching this post very careful.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 AM

Well i have a ken quilter (short arm) and can only do a 6 or 61/2 inch pattern and was just wanting a bigger one.But with the tin lizzie with the wood frame is a 10 foot table.I was wanting the twelve ft table metal frame but it was 2000.00 more.So the dealer tells me i would have to buy the electrical conduet 1 1/4 inch pipe because they dont sell the 12 ft with the wood frame.Buttttt im thinking the leaders that goes on the poles will not be long enough for the 12 ft poles.So i guess i will need to call the dealer back and ask a few more questions lol.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Power Poster

Leaders didn't come with my frame so you may have to buy them anyway. You can just get ticking and make your own.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by halo31257
Anyone know anything about the TinLizzie quilting machine? Have read some not so good reviews on it.and looking at the Innova.Anyone know anything about the Innova? Would be grateful for any kind of info..
I have a Tin Lizzie that I bought in Dec. 2010. I have had good luck with it. I did have a stitch regulator problem once in Spring because the black belt by the motor was rubber and it was sending black lint off it which eventually covered the sensor on the circuit board for the stitch regulator. My Dealer came and replaced the circuit board and put a new belt on and it has worked fine since. Tin Lizzie company had gotten those belts from a new company and found out they were not of the same quality as the old company and has since went back to getting them from their original company. I did also replace a stitch regulator once because I did not have it secured to the table with a cable tie, and it got damaged. My error. Anyway, I like my Tin Lizzie but currently have it for sale on House of Hanson and Long Arm University because I have started quilting for customers and am hoping to grow my business and am purchasing a machine with a longer throat. I did not get the wooden birch table with my Tin Lizzie. I wanted the 12 ft. aluminum Hailey frame and that is what I got. I love it. It is a very strong, durable table. I do not have my macien for sale on here because I am not a regular here so can't list it. If you have any other questions about the Tin Lizzie, pm me and I will be happy to answer any questions you have about Tin Lizzie. Like others have said, everyone likes different machines for how they "feel" to you. When I was trying out different machines, there were some that I did not like the feel of the handle bars, or how they moved around . You just have to like the feel of the machine. As far as having a Dealer close, it really doesn't matter to me because even if they are close by, you are going to get onthe phone and call them if there is a problem so it doesn't really matter if they are 10 miles or 100 miles away. And if you have to replace a part, they will most likely send it to you and have you replace it yourself anyway.