Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking for a long arm - opinions? >

Looking for a long arm - opinions?

Looking for a long arm - opinions?

Old 10-24-2011, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by xsquilter
I love when this topic comes up again. Yesterday I was test driving some LAs myself at a sewing festival. I really liked the Handi-Quilter Avante. It would be interesting to follow this to see if any comments on that particular one.
Maureen
I've had my Avante for a few months and timed myseld on a 50x50 with an allover meander and it took me 23 minutes. I LOVE this machine.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:31 PM

I WANT ONE....anyone LOL
Old 10-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by OCQuilts
Gammill's start at $8995 complete with stitch regulator and laser for tracing pantographs,and includes a 10 ft or 12 ft table.
Yes but this is for the 18" throat model, and Innova's are priced the same for that size as well.

The OP already has it narrowed down to the 22" or 26" Innova and Gammil prices for that size throat exceeds the Innova by almost $2000! This is based on the link you posted.
Old 10-25-2011, 08:47 AM

I just bought the Innova 26 with lightning stitch and a 12 foot table. It should ship soon and I'm really excited. I demoed every machine and was most impressed with the Innova. I felt I needed to go with the 26 as I am opening a business and bought the computer system. Innova even has a 32? But we needed to stop spending money:)
Old 12-31-2011, 07:05 AM

Thought I would update everyone. I bought a......listen for it........drum roll please!!!! lol.
I bought an A-1 on a 12' table. If I bought new I would have gone with the Innova, but I found a 2 year old A-1 that is wonderful and I'm thrilled. It has the stitch regulator, and hydraulic table, and is smooth and easy to move. Last time I tried long arms none of them moved like this machine does. I'm sure every day something new comes out, but I'm thrilled with this machine. Now to learn it.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by xsquilter View Post
I love when this topic comes up again. Yesterday I was test driving some LAs myself at a sewing festival. I really liked the Handi-Quilter Avante. It would be interesting to follow this to see if any comments on that particular one.
Maureen
I have an Avante and absolutely love it. One of my friends had a Handiquilter 16 and after using mine decided to sell hers and get one. The company has called me a couple of times to see if I was happy and how things were going. They also offer classes on how to use it at the shop I purchased it, which was a big selling point.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:46 AM

I recently purchased a new to me Nolting. I am very happy with it and the people I purchased it from. Just be sure when you buy a machine no matter which one you have, service available if you need it and that training is included. Not usually an issue, but if it is, it can be expensive if they have to come from a long distance as they charge mileage as well as service fee. Test drive as many brands as possible and don't be afraid to see what they have in trade ins as some people upgrade and some of the trade-ins are great. Good luck and enjoy.