Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
lost, vanished or stolen ???? >

lost, vanished or stolen ????

lost, vanished or stolen ????

Old 04-24-2011, 05:29 AM

I made a lovely lap quilt for my mum and forgot to take pictures of it, when I gave it to her I had planned on taking a picture of her with it. well she was tranfered to her new Nursing home we went to visit her camera on the ready and the quilt is nowhere to be seen.
I will be ringing the Hospital on Monday to see what has happened to it, I just hope they find it or I may just do my quince with them.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:31 AM

Gosh I hope it turns up, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:36 AM

Location: Ohio... wanna build a cabin in the woods and live off the land... and quilt all day!

I would ask them in person, its harder for them to lie when you're looking at them ~ plus, they may not be inclined to "look for it" if you're on the phone, but if you're standing there in person, they cannot ignore you. I do hope its found, things like blankets / bedding / clothing gets washed constantly, so I'll be hoping it was just in the wash! :) Let us know!
Old 04-24-2011, 05:38 AM
Power Poster

Sadly, this is a common occurance. When my mom was in a care facility they were careful to tell us to clearly label anything we brought and to not gift her with anything valuable - either $$$$ (US or Aussie) or sentimental. They did their best to keep items straight but other residents had memory or cognitive issues and would decide that mom's new quilt was the one that was on their bed as a child and would remove it to their room. Hope they can track it down for you, and if not, that it is bringing comfort to someone even if that person was not the intended recipient.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:40 AM

Nursing homes are notorious for things disappearing. Ask me how I know. My mother lost quite a few things, one especially we wanted to keep because a cousin made her a lap quilt with a block my aunt had piece before she died. She also lost her favorite robe when someone came in the room and took it right out of the closet.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:13 AM
Power Poster

How sad. I hope it is found soon.
Old 04-24-2011, 06:44 AM

When I had my mon in assited living I bought her a spread they took it and washed it but didn't put it back on her bed needless to say she went into an act had to go and find it. After that they let me wash it.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:22 AM

I made my Gt Aunt a throw for over her legs in the wheel chair...I embroidered her name in 4" letters and her room # on the front of it...it disappeared.
I was visiting and found it on the lap of another lady. I went to the head of the ward. Needless to say, it was returned.
It went missing a couple more times over the 2 years.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:44 AM

Oh I hope it turns up soon. Someone may have it with the laundry or they may have put it in a closet or dresser? I’m sorry this has happened.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

So sorry for you that this has happened.

Sad to say though, that this is oft what happens in nursing homes, hospitals and extended care facilities.

As you do not have a picture of it ... I do hope that you had her name permanently on it and quite visible. It's unfortunate that you do not have a picture.