Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Love Getting Quilt Related Mail >

Love Getting Quilt Related Mail

Love Getting Quilt Related Mail

Old 09-04-2010, 03:47 PM

I like getting quilt related mail. It allows me to daydream and look at all the nice fabrics out there. I too have books and magazines with patterns waiting to be done. But I still take them out and look at them.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

Yes It has been a while since I received one but I sure do enjoy them.
Old 09-04-2010, 04:55 PM

I love getting them too, esp. Keepsake Quilting!
Old 09-04-2010, 05:54 PM

I take McCalls and really like that one. Idon't take Fons and Porter anymore...I love to get related quilting books..just to looks at, of course...
Old 09-04-2010, 06:06 PM
JT

Originally Posted by raptureready
I love getting my Connecting Threads and Keepsake Quilting and usually love my magazines but I think I'm going to change by subscriptions. Definately getting rid of F&P, and now the new Quilters World was very disappointing. I think maybe McCalls Quilting for next year. Any other suggestions?
My favorite is Better Homes and Gardens, American Patchwork & Quilting. It has more patterns that I feel I would make and not wonky ones. FYI
Old 09-04-2010, 07:04 PM

I am so lucky. This spring I reconnected with my college roommate (class of 1972) who is a quilting queen. She's probably "lurking" on this site even now. I told her to hurry up and sign up. Anyway, while helping her clean and set up her quilting room, she offered me all her old magazines, about 4 shopping bags full. I'm in magazine heaven. I'm finding I like the older F&P much better than recent ones. At the stores there is one I'd like to buy, but it's wrapped in plastic, so I can't flip through it. I won't buy it.
Old 09-04-2010, 07:59 PM

I also love getting quilting mail. I am a pattern addict (at least that is what my daughter calls me). I have soooo many patterns and I know that in 3 lifetimes I will never be able to make them all but whenever I see a new unique pattern, I have to buy it and then when it comes it is so exciting to rip open the packaging to get at the treasure inside. I buy a lot of my fabric especially batiks from the US and can't wait till the arrive. I am sure the mail lady thinks I am insane when she delivers a package of fabric. I have also loaded up a cart and then deleted it. I need to win the lottery to be able to afford all the fabrics and patterns I want.
Old 09-05-2010, 12:11 AM

How about getting the Patchwork and Quilting magazine from Australia? The North American Distributors are: Stonehouse publications, Toll Free, 18004611640 you can email :
[email protected] or Brewer Quilting and Sewing Supplies, Toll free, 18006766543. email address is: [email protected]
They do have a great lot of different Patterns and ideas. Give them a try.
Old 09-05-2010, 05:53 AM

Anything quilty is always a joy to get. If I order fabric online, I always have it shipped to work as my coworkers like to see what I am getting and look forward to seeing it put together.

Patti
Old 09-05-2010, 05:53 AM

Anything quilty is always a joy to get. If I order fabric online, I always have it shipped to work as my coworkers like to see what I am getting and look forward to seeing it put together.

Patti