Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Love Hunting Season! >

Love Hunting Season!

Love Hunting Season!

Old 11-15-2010, 07:13 PM

Problem is, I hunt too, so the hunting time and quilting time are competing! Rules are that nice weather, I'm outside and if it's raining or snowing, I'm busy sewing. But I have found myself on my hunting spot daydreaming about the quilt pattern...and thinking about that deer while I'm sewing! Really, I'd have time for both if working didn't interfere with my life....but haven't figured out how to get out of it yet.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:11 PM

My hubby doesn't hunt, but my youngest son does, and we always get to baby sit the furry grandson, and I love it. Keeps us busy though, he's still a pup. His friend just got a forked horn Sunday, so hopefully he'll get one of his own. But, if he doesn't they always split the catch 3 ways, that way everybody gets some. They've been doing this for 7 years. They grew up together, went to school together, k-14, and they are pretty much inseperable. They are really good kids.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:18 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Mine love to hunt- with bow and gun.. However he seems to forget that there's a six year old that needs tending to.. Makes me mad when he just 'aasumes ' that his fathering can get pawned off on mommy here when hes gone.. My time to quilt is when everyone is alseep.. No 'Honey .....!!!!' or MOMMMMMMEEEEEEE!!!!! to interrupt me.. lol.. but how much sleep does a person need?? ha, we shall soon find out.. lol..
Old 11-16-2010, 02:10 AM

My brother is a phesant hunter in SD. He and his friends always have luck, as they hunt on the ranch of our attorney.
Old 11-16-2010, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by auntiehenno
My brother is a phesant hunter in SD. He and his friends always have luck, as they hunt on the ranch of our attorney.
No pheasant down here in Louisiana, but a friend goes to SD to hunt pheasant. One day he did some pheasant breast or breast strips on the pit for appetizers that were out of this world. He cut cream cheese into strips and wrapped the pheasant around that and then wrapped it all in a strip of bacon secured with a toothpick and grilled it. Talk about good!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:03 PM

Suzi, I understand your love of the deer, but living in the mountain area, you learn to not "love" them quite so much. I have a multitude of cages growing in my yard, because everything I plant has to be caged to keep the beautiful creatures OUT. There are two kinds of drivers here on the mountain ............. Those who have hit a deer; and those who are going to hit a deer. At some point the expense makes you appreciate the hunters a whole lot more. BYW,I still fit in the later category of "going to hit a deer", so I feel pretty fortunate. Enjoy your solitude, quilt like crazy, but appreciate that your DH may just be saving someone's vehicle or life.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:38 PM

Lucky lady!!
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
So cute!
My DH doesn't hunt although all his brothers do. But he never interferes with my sewing. He does his thing, I do mine, and we do things together.
It works :D
Have fun, ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 01:54 PM

SuzieC, I too, agree with you! My husband hunts deer and in the past has gotten a bear doing bear season. He hunts here on the farm and at hunting cabin up state. If he hunts here, he is here for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I look forward to several days on my own. I am finding, though, that more people realize I am 'home alone' and ask me to do this or that, here or there and there goes my mini vacation! I have put my foot down and said one day is all mine!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 03:33 PM

I saw a bumper sticker a while back - He Hunts, I Quilt.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:59 PM

My daughter got her first deer a week or so ago. An 11 point buck!......she is ok, but the car is a bit scrunched. The man that lived nearby was estatic! He got an 11 pointer that night too. My daughter does not eat deer and was more than happy to give it to him. I wish they would have taken a picture {if it wasn't in too bad of shape} She is only about 90lbs. Would have made her brothers jealous.lol