Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Love Hunting Season! >

Love Hunting Season!

Love Hunting Season!

Old 11-15-2010, 10:08 AM

O.K. I'll slink in here, Jane and I have our quilting business together and we have fun listening to recorded stories and sewing away! I used to hunt but why??? I love quilting better and I can make some $$ at it! Oh well, there's always an oddball! I won't tell ya what goes on when nobodies looking! We get each other coffee LOL what were you thinking??----Dave B.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:25 AM

I wish my DH was a hunter, or anything to get him out and away once in awhile!
Old 11-15-2010, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by DebbyT
My husband decided not to go this year. Messes up my whole schedule.
Know what u mean !!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dave-Jane
O.K. I'll slink in here, Jane and I have our quilting business together and we have fun listening to recorded stories and sewing away! I used to hunt but why??? I love quilting better and I can make some $$ at it! Oh well, there's always an oddball! I won't tell ya what goes on when nobodies looking! We get each other coffee LOL what were you thinking??----Dave B.
OMGosh! Husband and wife?? How nice that would be to do something like this together! I would love to get my husband to learn to fix machines....he has tons of excuses why he can't. He only comes to the sewing room to remind me to do something...fix his work pants (he's a carpenter)....fix a meal...say goodnight, etc.! LOL! He's not a hunter, but doesn't have a problem with me going to the upstairs to sew while he goes to the basement to watch TV. We both work so evenings are the only time we relax and do our own thing. Gotta say....it's lonely a lot! Congrats, on your business and joy of togetherness!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:50 PM

My hubbie loves the hunting camp but he cooks for the guys & enjoys hearing them talk about their day. I stay home and sew. I love it.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:00 PM
Power Poster

DH loves the deer camp but I don't so I stay home. He likes to cook at camp too. They have some darn good meals for a deer camp! Prime rib, shrimp, ham, one hunter makes sushi for everyone and the guys eat it up. DH would never order it at a restaurant but will eat every bite at deer camp. I may visit for a day but after a day I'm bored so it's home alone for me. I don't mind at all.
Old 11-15-2010, 04:22 PM

My husband doesn't hunt, but has enough of his own hobbies that we each find our alone time within the house. However, my daughter got married last year and we have a very close relationship. Her husband hunts so as they are adjusting as a newly married couple, we have mother-daughter time when he is away. He gets his time and we get ours!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:38 PM

Oh yes, this is a glorious time of year isnt it? My DH has been out since bow season started, back around the first of October here. He is an avid hunter and spends at least 6 hours a day out there sometimes even 10 hours. I have managed to get 5 tops done and enough 9 patches for the # 6, each is a different pattern and theme. I have decided to give everyone in the immediate family throw sized quilts this year for Christmas, that only makes 8 total. Back to the one I have sitting on the machine right now, yes I do machine quilt too many projects to do by hand right now.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:36 PM

But what really messes things up is when---I also hunt--then have to take time off from sewing and then---sew longer when I,m not hunting to get caught back up. But I enjoy both.
LOL--"The family that hunts together stayes together."
Old 11-15-2010, 07:13 PM

Problem is, I hunt too, so the hunting time and quilting time are competing! Rules are that nice weather, I'm outside and if it's raining or snowing, I'm busy sewing. But I have found myself on my hunting spot daydreaming about the quilt pattern...and thinking about that deer while I'm sewing! Really, I'd have time for both if working didn't interfere with my life....but haven't figured out how to get out of it yet.