Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Love Hunting Season! >

Love Hunting Season!

Love Hunting Season!

Old 11-16-2010, 08:25 PM

I guess , I am pretty lucky . Pat doesn't bother me when I am sewing unless I haven't taken a break in a while . He cooks and is always making me coffee and never once does he make me feel I should quit. 2 years ago we made 7 quilts in less than 28 days together . He helped me cut and design and quilt each one. He has a lot of good ideas and very good at picking colors and material out for different projects . He helps even when I made 8 jackets. Several were fractured barjello and some raggy strip . He was awesome putting colors together. Trish
Old 11-16-2010, 08:29 PM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Originally Posted by SuziC
At this time of year as anyone who is married to a hunter knows, it is a wonderful time of "quiet solitude" My DH is a bow hunter so he has been out for weeks now and with the gun season starting next week, the season of my marathon sewing has begun! I have been at my sewing table nonstop and will have all my Christmas projects completed way ahead of time. It is so nice to have the house to myself all day on the week-ends!!!! I can "do my thing" and not worry about breakfast, lunch or dinner. I secretly hope he doesn't get anything because i love the deer but i do respect his right as a hunter. Besides, he totally supports my quilting so it works out for us....he hunts, I shop fabric and quilt!
For me it is fishing season....although this fall my husband had two four day trips planned...one backpacking and one fishing, both fell through. And while I felt guilty for feeling this way, it was like "go away so I can miss you' LOL I am blessed with a truly lovely husband, but it is soooooooooooooo nice to have a little space.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by SuziC
At this time of year as anyone who is married to a hunter knows, it is a wonderful time of "quiet solitude" My DH is a bow hunter so he has been out for weeks now and with the gun season starting next week, the season of my marathon sewing has begun! I have been at my sewing table nonstop and will have all my Christmas projects completed way ahead of time. It is so nice to have the house to myself all day on the week-ends!!!! I can "do my thing" and not worry about breakfast, lunch or dinner. I secretly hope he doesn't get anything because i love the deer but i do respect his right as a hunter. Besides, he totally supports my quilting so it works out for us....he hunts, I shop fabric and quilt!
Good thing I live so far away, or I would be there in a heartbeat. I love venison!
Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 PM

My husband doesn't hunt anymore. But when he was younger the kids and I couldn't wait for him to go. It was like a vacation. Now he is semi retired, so he gets out of the house for part of the day. I can quilt most of the day except he has a bad habit of wanting to eat.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:48 AM

I've gotten quite a chuckle reading thru these posts. My husband is a deer hunter also so I can relate to the nice solitude, esp. since he is retired now.