Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
The machine that I was waiting on was delivered yesterday. ;) >

The machine that I was waiting on was delivered yesterday. ;)

The machine that I was waiting on was delivered yesterday. ;)

Old 10-10-2011, 04:18 AM

The idea of a wall hanging is good. Maybe a lap quilt for him to use would be nice and this size would not take long to make. When you make something for your family send him a picture and tell him it is thanks to him you were able to make it.
Old 10-10-2011, 04:19 AM

Congratulations!!
Old 10-10-2011, 04:58 AM

Originally Posted by AngieS
I'd like to do something as a Thank You but not sure what. Got any ideas? Thought about a table runner but eeeh, a gift card in the Thank You card? I don't know.....

I thanked him several times while he was here setting it up. He said if he could use it then he knew I would be able to. Just a very sweet man. When my friend mentioned me to him she told him that we had 5 kids. He said well, then she will get a lot of use out of it for those kids.

I have his address and will be sending him a Thank You card. Owning a quilting machine is a dream that I never thought would happen. ;)

Thanks for sharing in my fun.

Hugs,
Angie
[/quote][/quote]

Invite him tof dinner at your house. Food has a way of soothing the soul.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:35 AM

I would invite him for dinner no problem, but a few obstacles.....My kitchen has just been tore out-I have no cabinets, countertop etc and my floors are being done....very slowly. Also, my friend Cheri said he wouldn't come to my house without them to bring it over. She said he's not a social person, she said he's a homebody and doesn't talk to a lot of people that he doesn't know. So.......I will either have to make him a meal for her to take to him or get him a gift card to be able to go somewhere and pick out what he likes. I think I will ask Cheri where he likes to go and eat. ;)

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

;) Hugs, Angie

Originally Posted by gardnergal970
Originally Posted by AngieS
I'd like to do something as a Thank You but not sure what. Got any ideas? Thought about a table runner but eeeh, a gift card in the Thank You card? I don't know.....

I thanked him several times while he was here setting it up. He said if he could use it then he knew I would be able to. Just a very sweet man. When my friend mentioned me to him she told him that we had 5 kids. He said well, then she will get a lot of use out of it for those kids.

I have his address and will be sending him a Thank You card. Owning a quilting machine is a dream that I never thought would happen. ;)

Thanks for sharing in my fun.

Hugs,
Angie
[/quote]

Invite him tof dinner at your house. Food has a way of soothing the soul.[/quote]
Old 10-10-2011, 05:40 AM

Although his wife was a quilter, still, a memory quilt wall hanging would be very nice and he would probably enjoy seeing the memories everyday of his wife and grandson! Maybe get the names of his loved ones and embroidery them on the wall hanging! I'm sure, he would probably appreciate anything in return with love!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:43 AM

I agree that a quilt would be appropriate!
Old 10-10-2011, 05:46 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

woohooo! what a haul for an early Christmas for sure !!! wooohooo...
Old 10-10-2011, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by Ginger2010
Although his wife was a quilter, still, a memory quilt wall hanging would be very nice and he would probably enjoy seeing the memories everyday of his wife and grandson! Maybe get the names of his loved ones and embroidery them on the wall hanging! I'm sure, he would probably appreciate anything in return with love!
How big would you do a memory quilt wall hanging? What about putting on there something like Remembered forever Norma and Joy.....(his mother named him Joy-I thought for a long time it was Joey but nope) Or like Gone but not forgotten....then have their names on there. ??
Old 10-10-2011, 06:41 AM

WOW! Nice! Enjoy!
Old 10-10-2011, 07:06 AM

What are you doing on QB with a new baby in the house!!??? Oh, yeah, QB is addicting too :lol: Have a blast with your LA and if you have questions there are numerous LA quilters here who can offer you solutions. I love my LA and hope you get that same bond with yours!!! Congrats :thumbup: