Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Machine quilting with a Pfaff 7570 Creative >

Machine quilting with a Pfaff 7570 Creative

Machine quilting with a Pfaff 7570 Creative

Old 09-28-2010, 04:29 PM

I should probably start a different thread about my question as to not hijack this poor gal's thread:> Sorry about that!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

I have a 7510, and the IDT works great for quilting! With fabulous results!!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:33 PM

I also own a Pfaff 7570, and it is included with a walking foot, and I use it with my machine quilting all the time. I use my instruction booklet to remind me how to set tensions and such for correct settings when using my machine for machine quilting.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by madamish
I would like to try machine quilting on my Pfaff Creative. The book I'm reading on machine quilting says to use a walking foot -- I looked in my Pfaff manual, and saw nothing about a walking foot. I called a local Pfaff dealer, and the person told me that I should have one "built in" to my machine. I don't know what this means. Does it mean I can just go ahead and quilt with the regular presser foot? I don't have to do anything different? Any advice appreciated.

Didn't you receive a book with your 7570? It would explain how your machine works. A general machine quilting book would not give you the specifics for your particular machine on it's capabilities. You should have a book for your machine and the embroidery unit that goes with it explaining in detail how your machine would work under certain situations. If you don't have them you might try ebay as they have them there sometimes.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:36 PM

and I should include that is is called the IDT in the manuel.

Originally Posted by Robinlee
I also own a Pfaff 7570, and it is included with a walking foot, and I use it with my machine quilting all the time. I use my instruction booklet to remind me how to set tensions and such for correct settings when using my machine for machine quilting.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Robinlee
I bought my machine new, and it did not include a separate walking foot.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
I should probably start a different thread about my question as to not hijack this poor gal's thread:> Sorry about that!

No problem Candace....I got confused also not knowing what an 830 was. When Pfaff let go of the rights to the IDT the different companies did copy it but they also changed it from the way Pfaff did it so maybe that is part of the confusion.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:39 PM
Power Poster

I would like to try machine quilting on my Pfaff Creative. The book I'm reading on machine quilting says to use a walking foot -- I looked in my Pfaff manual, and saw nothing about a walking foot. I called a local Pfaff dealer, and the person told me that I should have one "built in" to my machine. I don't know what this means. Does it mean I can just go ahead and quilt with the regular presser foot? I don't have to do anything different? Any advice appreciated.
This topic has really gone in weird directions. My advice would be to make a sample quilt sandwich and practice. If you have problems then I would call a dealer!
Old 09-28-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
This topic has really gone in weird directions. My advice would be to make a sample quilt sandwich and practice without a separate walking foot. If you have problems then I would call a dealer!
Sadiemae, she can't attach a separate walking foot to the Pfaff 7570 it has the IDT which is the walking foot. It is the black lever type thing behind the sewing needle and you just snap it down towards the needle and off you go. You normally quilt with the regular presser foot or the 1/4 in. foot. Basically she needs the books for the machine to explain how everything works.
Old 09-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltmaker
Originally Posted by Sadiemae
This topic has really gone in weird directions. My advice would be to make a sample quilt sandwich and practice. If you have problems then I would call a dealer!
Sadiemae, she can't attach a separate walking foot to the Pfaff 7570 it has the IDT which is the walking foot. It is the black lever type thing behind the sewing needle and you just snap it down towards the needle and off you go. You normally quilt with the regular pressure foot or the 1/4 in. foot. Basically she needs the books for the machine to explain how everything works.
I Know I have several machines including this one! I was simply triyng to give good advice without anymore arguing about it. I edited it, so there would be no confusion in my advice!!