Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
magnifying floor lamps >

magnifying floor lamps

magnifying floor lamps

Old 09-28-2017, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer View Post
yup! I melted the plastic cover on a chair! Luckily caught it before it burst into flame--would have been a disaster since I have volunteer fire service.
It isn't sewing, but a couple of years ago I bought my granddaughters a little bug catching kit from the dollar store for Easter. we were out in the yard looking at ants and I was sitting on a hunk of wood holding the little plastic magnifying glass that came with the kit and smelled something and looked down and my jean were smoking! the sun had hit it just right and started my pants on fire! I smothered it out and it looked like a cigarette burn in the bottom of my pants.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by pandamommy View Post
It isn't sewing, but a couple of years ago I bought my granddaughters a little bug catching kit from the dollar store for Easter. we were out in the yard looking at ants and I was sitting on a hunk of wood holding the little plastic magnifying glass that came with the kit and smelled something and looked down and my jean were smoking! the sun had hit it just right and started my pants on fire! I smothered it out and it looked like a cigarette burn in the bottom of my pants.
Now might be a good time to make a little sleeve that matches your decor, to put over the magnifier to prevent fire hazards. Scary.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:06 PM

I have a Sure Light LED 3 in 1 floor lamp with 3 levels of brightness and magnification, runs on electricity or battery. Has strong clamp if you want to attach it to your chair or table. Made by the following www.hakidd.com

I also use a high power headlamp 3 bulbs and 3 functions one, two or all 3 lights. I find this is really a great headlamp if you need a lot of light, you can tilt it down or up and runs on rechargeable batteries. I found this on Amazon. I turn it off, if I am talking to someone, it is very very bright, but truly a good investment for sewing.