Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Making a quilting log or binder? >

Making a quilting log or binder?

Making a quilting log or binder?

Old 04-04-2009, 12:25 PM

I think it will be a nice keepsake for my granddaughter. Quilts may get passed around, but someone will have a book of all the quilts that I've done. Only downside is, that it cost me a fortune in ink for my printer. I just kept getting more and more ideas. Besides taking a picture of the whole quilt hanging, I took some of them in natural states, such as over a railing by the flower garden, on a bed; thrown over a chair, etc. I also took pictures of, say, a flower in the quilt, or a bird, etc.; then cut just the flower or bird out and used it to embellish.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:39 PM

I keep pictures in a photo book. I've had to go back & put names on them and when I finished them. I was only good at taking pictues. I don't keep reciepts on how much I've spent. Not something I'd want to know! :oops: I try to buy at least 3 yds of fabric I like. Esp. if I don't know what pattern I'm going to use it in. :roll:
Old 04-04-2009, 03:32 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Justquilting
I keep pictures in a photo book. I've had to go back & put names on them and when I finished them. I was only good at taking pictues. I don't keep reciepts on how much I've spent. Not something I'd want to know! :oops: I try to buy at least 3 yds of fabric I like. Esp. if I don't know what pattern I'm going to use it in. :roll:
i have no idea how much all those pages would add up to. Some pages only have a few remnants. Except for a few, most pages only have one receipt, bc I wanted to leave room for notes, but have started another notebook with info on each project, so they are really just records of expenditures. whew! I can only guess the total, though! I have told one daughter about it, and told her to burn it, if anything happens to me. Lol, isn't that dumb? I wouldn't be here, anyway! The things us, farm-ers do!
(funny farm-ers :wink:)
Old 04-04-2009, 03:59 PM

I have a large three-ring binder with plastic holders in which I place fabric samples, notes, pictures and sometimes the pattern.

The plastic folder is big enough to hold a journal page which I made up.
I can't provide a copy because it is a composite of many different ideas, some of which are copyrighted.

The journal page is printed on acid-free cardstock and I use an archival safe pen. You can purchase several archival safe plastic holders for less that five dollars.

Since I just started documenting at the beginning of this year, I have no idea of how many quilts I have made as gifts ;-)

As far as printing digital photos, a well-know national drugstore chain (Walgreens) occasionally advertises specials for 4 by 6 inch of 50 prints for five dollars. Check your local inserts in this weekend's papers and you will see the very ad. They might even have it (the code) on their website beginning tomorrow.

Resourcefulness means more $ for your hobby!!!