Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Men who quilt >

Men who quilt

Men who quilt

Old 02-03-2011, 07:39 AM

Hello!!!!!! Male quilter here been quilting for 7 years tell him to PM ME!!!! I will email PIctures of some of the quilts I have done so far

CHristopher A male quilter
Old 02-03-2011, 07:54 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
My DH has been quilting right along side me from the start. He cuts and sews, I design and hand quilt. A perfection partnership, couldn't do it without him!
I have a collection of old Quilter'sNewletter magazines. In one of the earlier ones there was a story about a prize-winning quilter in Kansas. He was a farmer, but had trained in college as an engineer (he was about 80). His wife quilted and one day he informed her that her points didn't match. She told him that if he could do better he should do it. He did and won prizes at the State Fair and elsewhere for many, many years.
Old 02-03-2011, 07:57 AM

How about Ricky Tims
Old 02-03-2011, 07:59 AM

Trust me...he's NOT gay...
(My husband helping me with Christmas gifts)

Altho I do have male friends that quilt who are gay...it's not an issue. I also have male friends that quilt that are as macho as any guy out there. Quilting has nothing to do with masculinity!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-128242.jpe  
Old 02-03-2011, 08:18 AM
Banned

Have him read "Men and the Art of Quiltmaking" by Joe Cunningham. All about men who quilt.
There are a couple web sites for men who quilt. There is a Yahoo group of men quilters who have challenges, retreats, fabric exchanges, etc etc etc.......as well as many of us on this site.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

and a quilter who goes by BuickJim has a quilt shop in California. great quilter!!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:31 AM

Hmmmm......I wonder: would your DH think a male tailor is not masculine enough? :?

Just thought of something else!! :-) Sewing involves machines, precision, detail, and lots of gadgets!!! What man doesn't like those things!!??? :lol: :thumbup: Quilting doesn't only involve doing everything by "hand." Perhaps he thinks that if he has a needle and thread in his hand, it challenges his masculinity. So maybe he might like to just design a top at first -- lots of creativity involved, and if you have quilt designing software and he loves computers........well, you get the picture!! Then he could progress to cutting out the pieces for the top -- lots of precision involved there -- not to mention all the tools such as scissors, rotary cutters, and rulers!!! Eventually, he might gravitate to using the "POWER!!" Get him in front of a sewing machine and let him take off!! Hey, a sewing machine uses electricity, has a light, gears, buttons and knobs, AND best of all a "gas" peddle!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 02-03-2011, 08:37 AM

Before I became disabled I did metalworking and woodworking as hobbies. Now I paint, photograph,knit AND quilt. I have one complete quilt and 3 WIP's and I am loving it!
David
Old 02-03-2011, 09:36 AM

Look at his quilts
http://www.cosman.nl/index_nl.php
Old 02-03-2011, 09:47 AM

I looked at his quilts and they are amazing but I think I should wait awhile before showing them to DH. If I was intimadated by they my DH would run for his life. This man is so good