Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Messed up quilt back from long arm quilter >

Messed up quilt back from long arm quilter

Messed up quilt back from long arm quilter

Old 08-04-2012, 06:36 AM

Lay it flat and take a wet cloth and dab it on the needle holes. The wetness will close up the holes.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by missy miss View Post
I think that you should say something to the person that quilted it.
Then I would find myself a new long arm quilter.
I agree completely.
Old 08-04-2012, 08:28 AM

I would not mention it to the quilter I would show her what an unacceptable job she did..............................
Old 08-04-2012, 11:23 AM

When I choose to use - or not use a LAQ who is new to me, I ask to see examples of their work, just like we would for anything else. It's the same as asking for references. Also, ask to speak to other customers to see how their experiences were with a particular LAQ.

Quilt on!

Jane
Old 08-04-2012, 02:29 PM

I would recommend going to your local Quild Guild and inquiring of a LAQ to do your quilt unless you do them yourself. A LA frame does not coat that much. There is one on the internet that is reasonable and you use your own machine. Or talk the posted lady from above here from MO. and see if she would do your quilt for you. She sounds competent to me.
Old 08-04-2012, 02:51 PM

There was one post that came through asking if anyone can buy a longarm and call themselves LA quilter. Well, it is true that anyone can buy a longarm quilting machine, but that does not make them a LA quilter. As a LA quilter I can tell you that it takes a lot of time and hard work to become a reputable LA quilter. I have be longarming for 12 years also and the first couple of years I was nervous everytime I sent a quilt home, hoping the customer was satisfied. Once you get your workmanship established most of your work comes in by word of mouth. If people do not like how you quilt you will not be in business very long. Most of us take our quilting business very serious and do the best we can to make sure the quilt goes home as beautiful as the customer expected them to. I have had people bring quilts to me that were quilted poorly by someone else and ask me if I would fix or requilt it. Every quilt that comes through my door is a cherished treasure. Someone spent a lot of money and time to make a quilt top and are entrusting us with their work. Not something any of us LA quilters should take lightly. So sorry for your experience with this quilter. I hope your quilt can be fixed and show worthy.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:37 PM
Power Poster

I quilt on my DSM with 9" troats (2) qnd I only to it for myself. I am my worst critic. No way would I quilt for someone else.
Old 08-04-2012, 03:41 PM

I would tell the LA person, and see what she says. you should not get a quilt back with puckers on the back or anywhere. not your fault , I would not use her again. sorry about your quilt.