Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Mini Iron II from Jo-Ann

Blog Entries
    I have the exact same mini iron with attachments. Don't use it a lot but when I need it, I need it. I use a pint jar for a stand - that way you never reach for the wrong end.
    TwandasMom

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Needle View Post
    I found it good for very small pieces but for larger squares I prefer the size of a travel iron. I have a Rowenta but am looking to replace it in light of the discussion on them catching fire while you are pressing with them. The one thing I like about it is the front does come to a smaller point.
    I have to say that I have had my Rowenta for almost 20 years and have never had a day's trouble with it!
    I think they have lemons just like anything else! I'll keep mine for as long as it works and performs well for me

I use the mini iron all the time for applique! Works great and stays really hot. Forgot about my Joann's scratch off...lol.
    Linda

I only use it for paper piecing which works great.

I got a 60% off too, the first time ever. I bought 10 yards of fabric.
    Never look down on anyone, unless you are helping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl View Post
    Its awesome especially when you start to get into embellishing with foil, angelina, and crystals it comes in handy. Supposedly its good for PP and applique as well but I haven't used it for that yet
    Dolph I would love to see some of your quilts - you always have a unique perspective on these technique and tools questions. Angelina? Isn't she the ballerina mouse in the children's book?
    SueSew
    "If it's messy, eat it over the sink!" Mom

I plan on doing some appliqué (never done before) and finishing my Dear Jane so I got one with a coupon. I can't see the need for all the attachments. I got the simple one with a coupon and spent about $12.00. I think I will use a cup to stand it in not the stand that come with it. I saw a lady demonstrating appliqué and she used one. Worked like a charm. I tried needle turned and it didn't work for me.
    Sue

I bought a mini sunbeam steam iron at Target yesterday for $10. I haven't tried it yet, but it looks similar to the ones on Amazon that cost $25.
    :-)
    CAS

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4