Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Missouri  lets do lunch! >

Missouri lets do lunch!

Missouri lets do lunch!

Old 05-07-2010, 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by Newby0709
Originally Posted by sahm4605
If you meet in Independence, MO I am all for it. I live in Blue Springs and could make it. As long as you guys don't mind me bringing my two kids. Getting a babysitter is hard and I can't be away from my son for more than an hour because of Breast feeding and He has mommy itis. I have a perfect location for us to meet if you want to meet near 70 Hwy in Independence. We can even bring our machines and sew on those white plastic tables if we wanted to. My church owns some grounds that have a large conference center that would be great. Plus it is near food. I would just have to check the dates. On Mondays we have a mommy play group that meets there in the morning.
of course the more the merrier

If you meet in Indep MO, is KS invited? I live about 50 miles from Indep. Depending on the date, I would enjoy meeting and getting ideas. Still timid about sewing around anyone else.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:03 AM

every quilter and seamstress is invited KC that means you
FunkyMonkey this can be a get together that can travel next time maybe we can meet in Columbia that would be fun too NO One should be lift out
Old 05-07-2010, 06:10 AM

I live in Hannibal (the NE corner of Missouri) but I retire in 3 more weeks, so traveling won't be too much of an issue. I've got a friend in St. Joe, so might make a trip to the western edge of MO for a quilting/visiting adventure. I'll keep watching the board.

BTW, my quilt guild is very inviting. Either that, or I just didn't pay any attention when I joined in September. haha.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:03 PM

We should pick a date so we can all make arrangements. and also decide where we want to meet for lunch. also should have a list to sing up for this. that way we can forewarn where ever we go.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by sahm4605
We should pick a date so we can all make arrangements. and also decide where we want to meet for lunch. also should have a list to sing up for this. that way we can forewarn where ever we go.
ok this is what i came up with check it out there are two memabers that live in vesailles so they maybe can car pool if any one lives near someone else maybe you can do the same like member that lives in Kansas can get to independance she can meet up with some one close to that any way we have an idea that we should go to a town that has more than one shop so i was looking at mexico. vesailles sadilia has 2 that i know of if you know any others let us know now i am going to start a list so if i don't have you on it let me know

now the dates i have are May 22nd and June 05
don't be shy tell me how you feel about this so far

thanks
Memathomas
Old 05-07-2010, 06:47 PM

Panther Creek Quilting
memathomas
stitchinwitch
spinnergs
sahm4605
Newby0709
FunkyMonkey
lnordyke AND friend from st Joe
marsye
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM
Banned

I'm in Arkansas...I can be in Mo. in just a few hours!!! I'll change the license plate on the van!!!!!! Can I come???? :lol: Lets go to Branson!!! yeah!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by marsye
I'm in Arkansas...I can be in Mo. in just a few hours!!! I'll change the license plate on the van!!!!!! Can I come???? :lol: Lets go to Branson!!! yeah!!!!!!
LOL i would love to go to branson maybe we will on the next one
i posted the dates just now so check it out
p.s is that u in that picture if it is then i have sean u before lol
Old 05-08-2010, 06:50 PM

I am up for either dates. The ones in the Independence area really close to I 70. well kind of. Memathomas, I am having a hard time reading your post. not sure if it is because of lack of sleep or what. Have we chosen a city yet? Where ever we meet we should make sure that we keep it close to the hwy. Just for convenience and simplicity. I don't know about anyone else but I have trouble with directions. if we are going to Independence the two shops that are close are the quilting station and another one that is on 40 hwy, I can't remeber the name at the moment. Quilters Station is a good size and the other is a small one, but has a lot of fabric. Anyone else in the area know of any others? I am always looking for new places to check the stashes.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:34 PM

every one tell me where you would like to meet and the most votes wins we have 9 people going so we can car pool i vote for Mexico i can fit 4 or 5 in my car
memathomaas