Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mistake at JF...feeling a little guilty >

Mistake at JF...feeling a little guilty

Mistake at JF...feeling a little guilty

Old 08-09-2017, 05:30 PM

If it were me, I'd take the slip back and ask. But that's just me. Once a clerk (not at JoAnnes's) was giving me back in change more than I gave her in cash to pay for my one item. She hit a wrong number and was mindlessly giving me back the change the cash register told her. After she counted out all that money into my hand, I looked at her bug-eyed and asked, "Do you realize that's almost twice as much as I gave you to pay for this?" She looked completely confused, took her a minute to process it, then had no idea what change I should get, even though I told her how much it should be. She had to void it all out and ring it up right so the cash register could confirm what I already told her.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:43 PM
Power Poster

No way would I go back. Hitting a wrong amount is one thing, this wasn't the case for you.

Do not feel guilty, you are okay.
Old 08-09-2017, 05:51 PM

Yup....Catholic gal here too! I would not go back though. I know that the Joann stores that I go to program their coupons into the register. Cashier scans, and says yes/no depending on how the register is programmed. So, enjoy your purchase guilt free!
Old 08-09-2017, 05:59 PM

thanks everyone. I really do appreciate your words of wisdom.

I am going to take this die and use it well.....and not think about it in a negative way. I guess like many of you said, if the register took it....it was acceptable. Without having it in my hands yet, I can't check, so I am going to go with the thought it was meant to be

Susie I had to laugh at your statement of "they get us young and it sticks". Chester, I'm with you, too. My mom's words are Still in my head....and I'm 50!
Old 08-10-2017, 02:35 AM

Hmmm that's interesting.. the computer usually automically knows what not to give you discount on....maybe it was the Senior day discount? Not Cashier fault so I wouldn't really worry about it much, probably was just your day to have!
Old 08-10-2017, 04:42 AM
Power Poster

Occasionally things do not get properly programmed into the registers - and JoAnn's is notorious for having "exclusions" on their coupons.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

I've been over charged and undercharged at stores before but never went back if I didn't realize it at the store. Stuff like this balances out for me. I don't feel bad if I'm overcharged or undercharged.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by bkay View Post
I don't know about your JoAnn's, but at mine, they do what the register allows. You ask them if you can use this coupon or the other, and they say, "Let's see what the register says". They don't make those decisions, the register does.

bkay
Every once in a while at JA's a cashier will over ride the machine and give me multiple discounts as in the case of redstellitos case. I let it go, knowing that the register had to regulates the prices and if the cashier gave me an extra discount, it must be OK. I have no Catholic quilt but I have plenty of other guilt to keep me honest and appreciative of a blessing no matter the source.
Old 08-10-2017, 04:48 AM

I was raised Catholic so I know about the quilt. No longer attend church, but still pray and talk to the man above on a regular basis. Still I think in your situation, the cash register or a knowledgeable cashier would have caught an error like that.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:15 AM

One JF gives me that discount every time I go and another one does not. I always thought it was due to the stores policy......now I am wondering if I am guilty?