Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Mom's voice in my ear... >

Mom's voice in my ear...

Mom's voice in my ear...

Old 05-08-2011, 02:24 PM

I grew up making my own clothes ... I can hear her say "Make it or go naked".
Old 05-08-2011, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by sassyg
Whether I was sewing, baking or working in my yard. I can hear my mother say I want one.She was always encouraging me in whatever I was doing especially my crafts. Although it's only been a year since she passed I would love to hear her once more and I do in my heart.
Happy Mothers Day to all.
My mom was exactly the same way, not a day went by that she didn't tell me how proud she was of me! And for me...Although it's been 6 years since her passing, I still long to hear her once more and I do in my heart.
Wishing everyone a Happy Mothers Day.
Blessings,
MaryAnna
Old 05-08-2011, 02:42 PM

My mom sewed and did needle point and some crocheting. She always loved the fact that I got into crafts. But if I asked her about something I did wrong, she would tell me, just remember if that mistake bothers you now, it will bother you more when you are done with the project, so fix it now, you will be happier. And she has always been right.
To this day I do not mind ripping a seam, or un knitting, in the end I am happier because I gave it my all.
Love and miss you mom.
Old 05-08-2011, 02:43 PM

My grandmother used to tell me a story about a princess and her true love. He and another suitor had to sew something and the first done would win her hand. She was given the task of threading the needles. For her true love she cut shorter lengths
but for the other she cut the threads very long. Her true love won while the other spent time unknoting his long threads. so she got to marry her true love!!

Every time I try to 'save' time by using a long thread and it knots I think of my grandmother. :-)
Old 05-08-2011, 03:01 PM

Mom always said "Every stitch you take on Sunday you'll have to take out with your nose". Don't know where that came from. I don't obey that rule, but still hear her in my head when I do sew on Sunday.

Pat
Old 05-08-2011, 04:13 PM

When my Grandmother was teaching me to embroider at the tender age of 9, I was often stumped on picking the perfect colors. One truism she always said, "As in nature, ALL greens go together"

My Mother supported, encouraged and admired my quilting..and always said "You have SUCH a way with colors" and "I've NEVER seen anything so beautiful"
Old 05-08-2011, 04:17 PM

My mom demanded perfection but never really gave a compliment... "That's pretty good but....."
Nothing was ever good enough.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:19 PM

My mom would say "Oh Dinkle Berries" instead of #@%&. She has been gone for 6 years now. I have been thinking of her a lot today, but I do that everyday.
Old 05-08-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Leota
My mom demanded perfection but never really gave a compliment... "That's pretty good but....."
Nothing was ever good enough.
Ah, your mom, my sister! I don't show her any of my work if I can help it.

I only remember my mom saying "clean up your mess". She wouldn't like my sewing room right now :shock:
Old 05-08-2011, 05:39 PM

My mother would fuss because I drove her crazy to teach me to sew. She could sew to perfection and I guess it was aggravating to deal with a learner. But, teach me she did and I am ever so grateful. I wish she was here so I could tell her and she could have seen some of the heirloom sewing I have done.