Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
most favorite & least favorite about quilting >

most favorite & least favorite about quilting

most favorite & least favorite about quilting

Old 01-23-2011, 02:58 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

My least favorite part is the pinning the layers together and having to piece the backing. My favorite part is seeing whatever the pattern may be come together. I also enjoy doing the binding since I learned a great way to meet the ends.....works perfect every time.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
My least favorite part is the pinning the layers together and having to piece the backing. My favorite part is seeing whatever the pattern may be come together. I also enjoy doing the binding since I learned a great way to meet the ends.....works perfect every time.
OH, I almost forgot how much fun piecing the backing is. Sheesh, I'll be ready for that darn step again soon!
Old 01-23-2011, 03:09 PM

I hate squaring up but I make myself do it. Just about everything else I enjoy except as someone said-those backs you have to piece.
Old 01-23-2011, 03:50 PM

I love to pick out the colors and decide what pattern to do. I don't like to cut, I find it boring, and I don't like to do the quilt sandwich because I have to spread it out on the floor.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:01 PM

I love everything about quilting except handwork....uugghh.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:35 PM

I love picking out a pattern, and going to the store to pick out the fabric. I don't know how many times I've gone with one color theme in mind and come home with something totally different. Washing and drying the fabric is something I don't like. I do love cutting, piecing and sewin top together. I send it out to be quilted because I don't like to FMQ on a large quilt. (Hope to some day have a long arm) Then I love to bind it, by sewing onto the front, turn to the back and hand sewing it.
Old 01-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Power Poster

I dislike piecing the back, the one I'm working on now was so time consuming.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:33 AM

I really enjoy the whole process; from picking the pattern and fabrics,to the piecing and quilting, to putting the biding on.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by deema
I find that I start to procrastinate about half way through each process. Once I get about half of my blocks pieced, I start to lose steam...I'll putter at it till they're done. Then half way through piecing my blocks together, I start to procrastinate again. I'll putter through those until they're done. Then I just don't even want to look at the borders...until I start getting them on and I'm anxious to see it finished. Then the first half of quilting it goes great, until I start to get bored. There is only one part of the quilt that I never procrastinate on doing - the binding! Because as soon as I'm done the binding, I can wash and dry and give it away so I can stop looking at it! HA!

BUT!!! I LOVE each part! I love piecing blocks and laying them out and seeing the pattern show through. I love getting the blocks together in the top, and seeing my "plan" come to life! And the borders just MAKE it, sometimes.

I love it all. I hate it all. When I'm getting close to the end, I find myself NEEDING to finish this *darn* quilt! But then when I give it away, I wish I would have kept it, just for a little while, to snuggle with some of my hard work. lol

I really do love quilting. I swear!
This is exactly how I am! I LOVE quilting, but sometimes it just seems to drag on a bit, doesn't it?

I'm keeping it small lately. I think that's going to be my sweet spot.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
this is the one thing I can not do.....could you share your way with a struggling quilter??? :) it would be so appreciated!