Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: motivation for christmas?

Has anyone else started on quilts for christmas presents? I feel like I should get started but a little bug left over from senioritis this year is saying christmas is so far away and I have time! Grr bug!!! But I have 2 quilt tops to quilt by hand, one full, one twin and I have a wide twin comforter which I'm going to tie for my bed so that I don't have 10 blankets on my bed to keep me warm, literally. And then I have 2 that I'm going to machine piece and quilt, one christmas sampler and another with flower blocks in which a majority came from the 2010 bom.

What do you guys use for motivation because I love to quilt, I'm just not thinking of christms right now!

Blog Entries
    make yourself a list of things that you need to get finished and give yourself a deadline for each one, if you have it on paper you can see your progress

Have fun!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    make yourself a list of things that you need to get finished and give yourself a deadline for each one, if you have it on paper you can see your progress

Have fun!
    i like that idea - got some tater bags for gifts made already but got more to make. since i started making them everyone thinks (and knows) they are getting one!

oops

Have fun!

I haven't started yet but I am getting a few ideas

Blog Entries
    I have one quilt almost done.....I don't have any ideas yet for other gifts. Don't we still have "lots" of time?????

I just purchased fabric to make two large lap quilts for my niece and nephew - I have not however started them. lol

Have fun!
    Just make sure you toss out the ones from previous years first! :shock: 8-)

edit: the lists, not the items! lol

Power Poster
    Sounds like you have 5 projects to get done for Christmas. If you give yourself the timetable of 1 a month, you'll have them ready by November. Get cracking! :D

First gb due at Christmas and that is my motivation to have Christmas done and finished by Thanksgiving. It is moving far too slowly right now, partly due to badly sprained right wrist.

Does buying 3 completed table toppers from a highly skilled Quilting Bd. member count???? lol...Naomi :oops: