Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: My "Aha" moment

Blog Entries
    Oh how I love y all You make me laugh and that is great way to start my day

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sassyg
    Don't feel bad quilters.... I use to give support for one the computer companys and a customer called stating that HE hit the help key and no one showed up.lol :roll:
    OMG too funny :)

Quote Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    Just so you know, 1/4" foot does not guarantee 1/4" seams. I hope yours is, but just to make sure: MEASURE your seams/pieces before you sew a whole bunch of stuff assuming that it is perfect. (Ask me why I'm telling you this, lol)
    I see your point, but I don't think it'll be any worse than eyeballing it like I have been for years. If I decide to do a quilt that has to be 300% accurate, I'll measure things. then!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaYitu
    What does it look like????--maybe I have one in my kit and don't know it too! I have been wondering.
    Mine has a piece of black metal attached to the right side of the foot, in a vertical orientation. This allows you to butt the fabric against the black piece. I would be able to see it better if it was red, because the black doesn't stand out very much from the feed dog openings. Of course, once I get the fabric going, it's easier to see.

Blog Entries
    Thanks, jdavis, for answering my question. I was just about ready to post a that very question. Too bad, I don't think I have a "1/4 " foot. Wish I did.

Blog Entries
    lol, well you must of gotten good at following marking tape all these years! Congrats on the great find!

Quote Originally Posted by roseOfsharon
    lol, well you must of gotten good at following marking tape all these years! Congrats on the great find!
    Nope! Never used marking tape. I really did just eyeball it. My machine has lines for 3/8 & 5/8....I just had to guess where 1/4 was.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4