Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My Baby is fixed!!!!!!!!! But...

YAY just got the call that my Babylock is fixed and ready to be picked up! Only, I'm VERY VERY confused!!!!! It turns out they had to replace the damaged bobbin case??? HOW would that get damaged??? and HOW would *I* have damaged it!!??? It's not covered under warranty as they say it was my error, not the manufacturers. I just don't understand enough about machines to know what I might have done to it.

Blog Entries
    My bobbin case popped out of my hand one night and I couldn't find it. ( Of course when I moved the next year I found it.)
    I had to buy another one but it wasn't expensive. Under $20, I am sure.

p.s. run the machine before you leave the store.

did you break a needle? that sometimes can damage it

No! I didn't break a needle at all!! At least.... not that I know of! lol!

AND it's going to cost me $75. The part was $30.

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    Kim $75 including the part seems pretty reasonable to me. The machine tech in my area charges $79 just to clean, oil and adjust a machine. If it needs any parts or more work that will cost extra...maybe you got some lint built up and it pushed your bobbin case out of wack? or some fabric got caught in it? I agree with quilter68..check it out at the shop before you take it home to make sure it is working properly. Happy Stitchin' crafty_linda_b

Quote Originally Posted by crafty_linda_b
    Kim $75 including the part seems pretty reasonable to me. The machine tech in my area charges $79 just to clean, oil and adjust a machine. If it needs any parts or more work that will cost extra...maybe you got some lint built up and it pushed your bobbin case out of wack? or some fabric got caught in it? I agree with quilter68..check it out at the shop before you take it home to make sure it is working properly. Happy Stitchin' crafty_linda_b
    Oh there was no oiling and cleaning involved. The machine is brand new. Just got it in/around June. I am not complaining about the price, I'm glad it's fixed... I was just stating what the charge was compared to her $20 part.

I'll bet you nailed it on the head though. I was using the vinyl and practicing FMQ but forgot to cut out a square of vinyl. I don't remember anything happening except that I sewed to the vinyl, but that was probably the issue since it happened right after that.

you are not using metal bobbins in it are you. Also if you put the bobbin case in wrong after cleaning you can damage your machine or case. When I changed my needle plate I put the bobbin case back in wrong and me needle kept hitting it in my babylock espire

I dropped my bobbin case and dented something - I couldn't see it but my machine certainly knew! They are quite delicate and need to be handled with a great deal of care. I always have a back up case just cuz!!!

Kas
    In my opinion, the warranty should cover everything for the first year, at least.

I too think that a machine that new should be under warantee. I'd definately be talking to my dealer. My dealer tried to blame all of my numerous problems with my Janome 6500 on operator error when it was brand new. On my insistence, it was finally returned to the main company and ended up being replaced free of charge and there was no mention of the problem being me!

Okay, back with my girl. It seems that I somehow ran the needle through the bobbin case!! HOW the heck did I do that!?!?!
    ARUGH!!!!!!

I've uploaded a picture. You can see the hole up at the top.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    I agree, a machine that new it should have been covered. I punched a needle through the bobbin case 3 weeks ago on my brother and it was completely covered by the warranty. Good luck :)