Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
MY Bernina Died!!!!!! >

MY Bernina Died!!!!!!

MY Bernina Died!!!!!!

Old 09-28-2011, 03:09 PM

Trish, why does Lexus, Rolls Royce, Cadillac, Acura, L.L. Bean, Morton's, Nordstrom's, Macy's , etc. etc. have to be expensive? Typically, higher quality items and stores are....that's just life.
Old 09-28-2011, 03:30 PM

And I wont be buying any of them either lol ;) Trish
Old 09-28-2011, 03:32 PM

I beg the differ on the quality factor Candace....expensive cars arent always the best either...my neighbor has an Infinity and parts and maintenance is outrageous...as in expensive sewing machines....Trish
Old 09-28-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Trish88
I beg the differ on the quality factor Candace....expensive cars arent always the best either...my neighbor has an Infinity and parts and maintenance is outrageous...as in expensive sewing machines....Trish

:roll: Use common sense about quality and supply and demand.
Old 09-28-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
Use your Kenmore. It' s a much better built machine than any of the plastic stuff you can buy for $200. Save your money, IMO.
I agree 100%
Old 09-29-2011, 06:31 AM

Well my Kenmore is gone so I purchased a Bernia for $90.00 and found that the bobbin was broke so I went back and got the second Bernia that worked and the guy gave me that one to exchange parts. I used the bobbin from the Kenmore to repair the Bernia. It sews fine for now. I have kept the sewing table for the Bernia. I did have to replace some parts from matching sewing machine. I will have to get the tension fixed on the first Bernia. Husband is ill so I don't know when that will be.+
Old 09-29-2011, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by patdesign
Originally Posted by winterfun
Originally Posted by unclefreckles
I would NEVER by a cheap machine from Walmart even though it says Brothers. Go to a reputable Brothers dealer and talk to them. They do have less expensive machines that have many fancy stitches and sew very well. I agree that they are not an equal to your old Bernina or to one of the top of the line Brothers, but they do a decent job.
The ones at WalMart are not really a Brothers machine. I think they are farmed out.
I own 3 Brothers! One for everyday, One on my frame for quilting and the other is my serger. Brother customer service is great! They will tell you they make a model that is comparable to their models on the higher end just for wal-mart. I think people like what they like. Some of my family thinks I am crazy cause I put a QBOT on my brother they think I should have bought a new machine but why it works perfect! So if you have one that you can use or if the shop will lend you one I would go that way. Save your money for fabric and fixing your baby. Good Luck
Scuse my ignorance but what is a QBOT?
A QBOT is a computer that you mount on your quilting frame that you can program what you want to quilt on your quilt and it does it for you. It will connect to you machine and the only thing you really need to do is roll the quilt on your frame and watch it. Really cool but its worth more then all my machines put together so that is why my family thinks I'm crazy. You can check it out at www.myqbot.com
Old 09-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by cmrenno
Originally Posted by MissSandra
several years the mother board went out on my bernina it was 100. for a new one.
Wow! The motherboard on my Bernina 1530 cost $279! What model is yours???

If I was without my Bernina for a month I would be looking for a loaner for sure! Couldn't hurt to ask what they would give you for a trade-in.

Good luck to you!
YIKES !! My Bernina 1530 is in the shop too!! One day when I was going to oil it, the black plastic ring that flips down when attempting to remove the bobbin case, well, it just suddenly DROPPED out. I wonder HOW MUCH that is going to cost me???. I am sewing on my Bernina 1030 while I wait. GOOD LUCK. Does anybody see a similarity between used car salesman and sewing machine dealers????
Old 09-30-2011, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by cmrenno
Originally Posted by MissSandra
several years the mother board went out on my bernina it was 100. for a new one.
Wow! The motherboard on my Bernina 1530 cost $279! What model is yours???

If I was without my Bernina for a month I would be looking for a loaner for sure! Couldn't hurt to ask what they would give you for a trade-in.

Good luck to you!
Wow! The motherboard on my Bernina 170 Artista was $1000!!
Thankfully it was still in the last months of warrenty!!
Old 10-03-2011, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by patdesign
Originally Posted by unclefreckles
I would NEVER by a cheap machine from Walmart even though it says Brothers. Go to a reputable Brothers dealer and talk to them. They do have less expensive machines that have many fancy stitches and sew very well. I agree that they are not an equal to your old Bernina or to one of the top of the line Brothers, but they do a decent job.
The ones at WalMart are not really a Brothers machine. I think they are farmed out.
I own 3 Brothers! One for everyday, One on my frame for quilting and the other is my serger. Brother customer service is great! They will tell you they make a model that is comparable to their models on the higher end just for wal-mart. I think people like what they like. Some of my family thinks I am crazy cause I put a QBOT on my brother they think I should have bought a new machine but why it works perfect! So if you have one that you can use or if the shop will lend you one I would go that way. Save your money for fabric and fixing your baby. Good Luck
Scuse my ignorance but what is a QBOT?
A QBOT is a computer that you mount on your quilting frame that you can program what you want to quilt on your quilt and it does it for you. It will connect to you machine and the only thing you really need to do is roll the quilt on your frame and watch it. Really cool but its worth more then all my machines put together so that is why my family thinks I'm crazy. You can check it out at www.myqbot.com
Thanks, I will check!