Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Chuckle of the Day - news flash from the quilting police >

My Chuckle of the Day - news flash from the quilting police

My Chuckle of the Day - news flash from the quilting police

Old 08-17-2014, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by madamekelly View Post
Is it just me, or do the designers seem to get most of their ideas from this very board?..Lol!
Hmmmm ..... something to think about .....

Long about my eighth or ninth quilt, I realized I'd used at least one batik in every quilt.

Ah ha! My "signature" ~ batiks in every quilt or at least on the back as a label.

When the quilt police tell me I'm doing something wrong, I smile sweetly and say "Really?" Which, if you know me, actually means "I don't think so!"

Maybe next time I'll say "Bless your heart for letting me know." There aren't too many Southerners in HI .....
Old 08-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Power Poster

I guess I like to live on the edge and live a little dangerously, by not listening to the quilt police, it's my quilt, so it's my rules. So there.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:16 PM

I use what ever appeals to me
Old 08-17-2014, 12:26 PM

I've been doing that since it became "okay". I was a fashionista before I knew what that was.
Sharon in Texas
Old 08-17-2014, 12:30 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Oh Boston1954 You have the right idea .. let woofy get ahold of them !LOL

Yah Jennie I have done the same even tho people have said don't mix this with that.. Well guess what ? Sometimes one has to do what one has to do! LOL Glad you have been doing it and setting a trend for the rest of us ! LOL :-)
Old 08-17-2014, 12:45 PM

I'm in agreement with you. I do what I please - I'm buying the fabric and doing the work - so might as well please myself. I have a definite idea in mind, and if a batik fills the bill, so what?

Has any designer ever complained? I had a fashion designer complain once because I took the shoulder pads out of a dress. She got rather snippy and said she designed it that way for the line. I told her there was no disclaimer on the pattern or in the terms of use that said anything about customizing. Just the usual about making and selling garments which I wasn't doing.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:24 PM

On my very first quilt, I used a batik and didn't even know what batik was. It said 100% cotton and that was what my quilting friend told me I should use. When she saw the finished quilt she said "Oh, why did you use a batik for that blue strip?" And I said a what? Then I got a lesson. Still use batiks here and there when I like it!!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:56 AM

I am working on a quilt using both Balinese and Malaysian batiks. The Malaysian batiks are black and brown; not as swirly as Balinese batiks. I am also using a print in the border. Designers beware: quilters don't follow rules.