Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Darling? Husband >

My Darling? Husband

My Darling? Husband

Old 01-20-2011, 06:33 AM

I have a wonderful hubby. He does not mind that I have a hobby such as quilting. He is very supportive of me, he even helps me lay out a quilt and pin it. Shops with me for fabric as we don't live near a quilt shop, and when we travel, he goes with me and helps to color coordinate
Old 01-20-2011, 06:37 AM

my husband doesn't care as long as i keep contained to my sewing room. i do sandwich on king bed or dining table.
he does like my quilts and when i show them to him he gives me " that's pretty" or "that should stay here." he is a t v person and he knows i do not like what he watches. but if it is a movie i'll take baby quilts and watch and sew. he doesn't even mind that i have to have the overhead light on. so i guess he's a keeper!!he helps me choose colors and lets me know if there's enough constrast! he takes me to Joanns and helps me choose fabric especially if it is for someone he works with. we work well together.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:41 AM

He sounds neglected, poor baby LOL
Old 01-20-2011, 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Willa
How about 3 nights out?
One night you both ignore your other "loves" and go do something like going out to eat, visiting with friends either at home or their place, go play cards, bowling, etc.
One night you do what he wants to do. If he wants to watch tv then that's what you do that night.
One night you do what you want. If you want to quilt then guess what that's what he gets to do also. Start a quilt with him from planning to sewing. Get him involved. Maybe he'll start to enjoy it too.
The other 4 nights are each your own.
That doesn't work for me. My dh wants to input and then he isn't happy if I don't agree with his suggestions.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:52 AM

Awe that is sad. I'm sorry. :( Mine just says-I just want you to finish a project. LOL I was looking in a Keepsake Quilting magazine last night and they had plans that you could get to make your own sewing table. I said oh, look honey- He said get the plans-we can make that. :shock:

Huge Hugs!!
Old 01-20-2011, 06:53 AM

My DH supports finacially my passion for quilts. In the last 2 yrs he has bought me a L.A,a Bernina 440QE,with embroidary, a quiltazoid, Dell laptop, etc. But every day he will say to me are you ever comming out of your hole. He will not look at my quilts and all he ever says is that Your Junk is taking over the whole house, get it out of here and back into your room.Makes thid board a feel good place to be.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by diannemc
My Darling? Husband is a TV person..He has no hobbies...Watching TV is all he does when not working...I am not!!..I love my sewing..He has always hated my sewing...
I don't know why except maybe the money it takes and the time it takes away from him...(and maybe the pins he has had to pull out of his barefoot a time or two :oops:)
Well the other day I finished a quilt and showed it to him.. He said "Thank goodness you are through".. I am sick of all this quilting..It use to be sewing now quilting... I wish you would just stop it..." I just turned and looked him square in the eyes and said.."Quilting makes me happy....and trust me....You want me to be happy..." Am I the only one here who has a hard time with a husband who doesn't understand to joy of quilting??
Gee I thought I was the only one!! :lol: DH hates my quilting noise. I once asked him if he was jealous because I had a hobby and he said yes.

Well, he golfs, so I sew! :lol:

He doesn't mind the noise if I am sewing something for HIM tho!
Old 01-20-2011, 07:03 AM

lol, my hubs couldnt stand to be in the room w/ me if I were crocheting, said it made him nervous watching the hook move so fast. now, my SO doesnt say too much, he has his hobbies (usu out in the garage making some mess, lol) but he doesnt say much on anything I like to do cus after my husband died and I met him we've lived together over 16 yrs now but arent married(no kids!). When we moved south I bought property here even though I live w/ him and if he doesnt like what I do he knows I can move out in a w/e, lol.
I know he doesnt care for things that take "attention" away from him, and he doesnt like a mess left all over, but hes happy if I'd sit w/ him and handquilt, and we're converting a bedrm into a sewing rm so I can have all my stuff all over and can just close the door and he doesent habe to look at it. He really doesnt care how much money it costs, he likes what I make. I paint, too and hes always wanting to hang things I paint even when I dont like how they came out, lol. st
Old 01-20-2011, 07:05 AM

my quilting has taken over the whole house LOL, no complaints so far...he has a garage, barn, tractors etc to keep him happy...I could never catch up with him in spending.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:23 AM

Mine has had a hard time understanding my "need" for fabric, quilting, etc but NEVER says a word. We have been married for nearly 7 years and became "new" parents to his 2 great-grandchildren a year later. They are now 6 and 8, we are 63 and 73. Believe me, he'll tolerate ANYTHING that makes me happy! LOL!! Just remember, EVERYONE (even us) has a few "warts" - it's what keeps life from being boring!