My husband says I am not a quilter... >

My husband says I am not a quilter...

My husband says I am not a quilter...

Old 08-28-2010, 06:15 AM
Bev

[quote/ We are well rounded!! LOL quote/]

I know I am. That's for sure! :lol:
Old 08-28-2010, 07:56 AM

I have so much that I can't seem to get it started soon as I get one done then someone said where is mine! I just wish everyone would just let me do it in my time. I have to set my
mine to feel like doing it.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
My husband says that I am not a quilter, I am a "Collector"! I have so many projects started and waiting to be started that I am overwhelmed. Does anyone else feel that way? What have you done to feel better and get things done? Have you given things away just to get things to a manageable level?
Yes! Nothing -- well, nothing new! and No!
Old 08-28-2010, 08:54 AM

at least everyother week i feel overwhelmed..but the "other week" i am out shopping..my husband says productivity is rather slow around here..and he feels that if you make something it should be functional..such as a bed cover or a table runner..or a purse..etc..other than that he says its my world..this makes me happy..and you know the old saying..nobody;s happy until mama;s happy....
Old 08-28-2010, 09:26 AM

I spend far more time daydreaming and planning quilts than I do quilting. This summer I bought a box of 2 gallon zip plastic bags. When I look through my fabric collection and am inspired to make a certain quilt, I put the fabric and the pattern together in one of the bags so that the pattern shows through on one side. That helps me remember what I had in mind when I bought the fabric. I have got a lot more piecing and quilting done since I've been doing that.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:00 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by Bobby's Girl
I spend far more time daydreaming and planning quilts than I do quilting. This summer I bought a box of 2 gallon zip plastic bags. When I look through my fabric collection and am inspired to make a certain quilt, I put the fabric and the pattern together in one of the bags so that the pattern shows through on one side. That helps me remember what I had in mind when I bought the fabric. I have got a lot more piecing and quilting done since I've been doing that.
I think this is a real good idea.
8-)
Old 08-28-2010, 11:56 AM

Read thru all these posts and just had to reply. I have a huge stash of material and many UFO's and still love the feel of "new to me" material that I find at thrift stores and garage sales. My DD1 finds a lot for me also at thrift stores. I have several vintage machines and like some say, how can I use them all, well believe me I do get them out and sew. I have them all threaded with different colored threads. My latest machine was a gift from DD1. It is a Singer 66 in a beautiful cabinet with a bench that has storage and the manual and accessories. It cost her $30.00. I guess I am a fabriholic and a collector and a hoarder and what ever else you might want to call me. But I am a happily married for 56 years woman with a dh that not only sits patiently while I search for fabric but buys me old machines and then repairs or gets them to run for me. Lucky me, right? Keep up the fun stories. I love them.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:09 PM

I can sympathize, but you can make him a liar by getting busy and making things so fast his head will spin. <G> It's sort of like being a doctor... you have to spend years in school and in training before you can practice. Now, that sounds better, doesn't it? <G>
Old 08-28-2010, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bobby's Girl
A wonderful idea. Along with fabrics, I'm always buying tools, too, for certain patterns I see online then forget which projects they were meant for.

I do the same with recipes. I make a list, shop for groceries, then forget what recipe they were for. Duuuh. And I thought I was organized.........
Old 08-28-2010, 01:12 PM
Bev

[/quote] A wonderful idea. Along with fabrics, I'm always buying tools, too, for certain patterns I see online then forget which projects they were meant for.

I do the same with recipes. I make a list, shop for groceries, then forget what recipe they were for. Duuuh. And I thought I was organized.........[/quote]

Oh wow! You and I must have been separated at birth! I have been embarrassed to admit those things (and more) to anyone but myself. And look at you!! What courage!
:oops: :lol: