Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My husband says I am not a quilter... >

My husband says I am not a quilter...

My husband says I am not a quilter...

Old 08-30-2010, 07:00 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by ccthomas
I don't call myself a collector as possibly a "DREAMER" as I am dreaming of all I want to create. When I am blogging, I sometimes get "depressed" that I have not "produced" like so many others. I give myself permission to "DREAM" and that it is okay to just "HANG IN THERE" at my pace, for now.
I think there are a lot more of we "Dreamers" around than you'd imagine. :-D
Old 08-30-2010, 09:52 AM

Just don't let your chair get stuck to the polyerthelene, lol.
Happy quilting.
marla

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Originally Posted by mar32428
Originally Posted by skydiver70
I am the same way. Keep collecting patterns, and patterns. I had thought about putting up this sign: "My house was clean last week, sorry you missed it!" LOL
That gave me my real morning chuckle. Have to do a better job now so I can move my new chair around easily.
Re-reading this thread gave me an idea. I've always wanted a unique floor in my "studio" (which here is virtually my whole cottage). What if I quit sweeping up all those threads ends, trimming ends, short-leftover strips, tiny scraps, "noses" from Half-Square Triangles (HSTs) and such......THINK of the time I could save from cleaning for more quilting!......and after the floor got to the point where the chair would just not roll any more, I could cover the whole shebang in polyurethane and have my shiny colorful floor!:D

Jan in VA
Old 08-30-2010, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
My husband says that I am not a quilter, I am a "Collector"! I have so many projects started and waiting to be started that I am overwhelmed. Does anyone else feel that way? What have you done to feel better and get things done? Have you given things away just to get things to a manageable level?
My Husband asked me the other day "how many projects do you have going?" I told Him I have no idea...too many to remember. He just laughed...and went fabric shopping with me!
Yes, there are times that I feel overwhelmed also GrammaNan! I usually go shopping to make me feel better.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:52 PM
Banned

I am working on one project at a time, and when I catch up again, I will probley start over again. And here I am a new quilter and thought I am not going to do that. Here I am with 7 lined up. my quistion is how does it happen so fast. :-D .God bless.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:12 PM

Gramma Nan,
I was reviewing some past Fons and Porter mags. They gave several ways to hide yuor stash.
Here is a few:
Put your stash in a tub and label it womens clothes.
Leave fabric in your car or trunk.
Hide fabric behind clothes in the closet and in shoes.
Place on a dresser and say it is a scarf. or as a shower curtain.
Put in a closed box marked cleaning supplies or Christmas.
Store on top of a china cabinet or where he never goes. go to Love of Quilting May/June 2004 for more suggestions.
lol Remember wher you put it Happy quilting.
marla
Old 09-01-2010, 12:17 PM

Oh I love this! Thanks for sharing. I have been astonished at the responses I have received from this post. It is comforting to know there are others out there that have similar issues. The suggestions and ideas have been great and, sometimes, very funny. I am going to sew as many things that I can before Christmas and try to sell them or use them for Christmas gifts. I will find as many hiding places that I can for my current stash. Out of site out of mind, right?? Thanks to everyone for you support.
Originally Posted by marla
Gramma Nan,
I was reviewing some past Fons and Porter mags. They gave several ways to hide yuor stash.
Here is a few:
Put your stash in a tub and label it womens clothes.
Leave fabric in your car or trunk.
Hide fabric behind clothes in the closet and in shoes.
Place on a dresser and say it is a scarf. or as a shower curtain.
Put in a closed box marked cleaning supplies or Christmas.
Store on top of a china cabinet or where he never goes. go to Love of Quilting May/June 2004 for more suggestions.
lol Remember wher you put it Happy quilting.
marla
Old 09-01-2010, 12:23 PM
Power Poster

well, my dh doesn't say it out loud...but I kind of resemble that remark.
I do things, but I start something else before I get finished!
I have an astronomical amount of WIP's and I am not kidding.
I plan to make myself one of those spinners and write the name of hmmm? how many WIPS can you fit in a circle, lol?
Then alternate with my Christmas sewing.
That's my plan...and it is not the first plan I have come up with to get stuff done.
I am the type of quilter, if nagged, everything comes to a screeching halt!
I just moved some furniture, including my machine around...that usually gives me a second wind. Just got to stay in motion :wink:
Old 09-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I am pretty bored my scraps. Maybe I should trade the whole bin w someone else!
I'm just the opposite...too sentimental! :shock: :-D
Old 09-01-2010, 01:08 PM

I'm not a collector, I consider myself (well) prepared, just in case I need or want to make something when I can't get to a store. DH is my inabler, He brings me fabric for my someday I might want to do's.LOL
Old 09-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Bev

[quote/] DH is my inabler, He brings me fabric for my someday I might want to do's.LOL[/quote]

Do you mean he actually GOES to a quilt shop or store and PICKS OUT the fabric himself??
Good grief!! He's the best keeper of all. My DH won't enter the door of a quilt shop. The only time he did was when I had a serious accident and he was worried about me. I gave him a list, I also consulted with the LQS lady on the phone, then he went and picked up my fabrics and paid for them with his OWN money. Other than that one time, he has never gone inside of my LQS. But he's a sweetheart in so many other ways that I'm gonna keep him in spite of his aversion to quilt shops.
:thumbup: