Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My husband says I am not a quilter... >

My husband says I am not a quilter...

My husband says I am not a quilter...

Old 08-27-2010, 04:50 AM

Collector....that's a good way to think of it!!! I am a coleector, too.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:53 AM

I'll trade with you Dotty!...

errrr uhhh wait, I dont have any scraps yet..I'm still new. =)
Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm
I am pretty bored my scraps. Maybe I should trade the whole bin w someone else!
Old 08-27-2010, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
I am the same way only difference is I decided to give away the fabrics I won't be using for the price of shipping. I may do it again in another month. I decided if I am not using it then it needs to go to someone who will.
I agree. I find new homes for UFOs and fabric that I'll never have time to use. Its time to clean my sewing room again!
Old 08-27-2010, 05:09 AM
Power Poster

I hear ya! I "collect" stuff too, but am always doing several projects at once. Maybe get better at finishing a few sooner! :)
Old 08-27-2010, 05:18 AM

Mine keeps telling me he is going to apply for me to go on "hoarders" I keep saying its not hoarding its quilting. there is a BIG difference
Old 08-27-2010, 05:21 AM

I'm also a collector. I have many things "started" and not many "finished". I look at everything and then I get overwelmed and do nothing. I think I have a sickness.
Lynn
Old 08-27-2010, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
My husband says that I am not a quilter, I am a "Collector"! I have so many projects started and waiting to be started that I am overwhelmed. Does anyone else feel that way? What have you done to feel better and get things done? Have you given things away just to get things to a manageable level?
Well, I think I have to say you are an artist. I SWORE that I would not buy TOO much fabric when I decided to make this a "real" hobby 5 years ago. Now, I can look at every piece of fabric or kit that I have and I really have way too much, and see the finished project. Any artist can tell you that they can see the finished project in their head before they even start.

Happy Quilting,
Susan
Old 08-27-2010, 05:34 AM

Let's face it, collecting and using fabric is born in us. We are truly sisters tied together by threads. Wanna have a contest to see who has the most fabric in their stash?
Carol J.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:41 AM

I keep getting new fabrics because I don't want to cut into the fabric I have stashed. Isn't that sick? I buy fabric I love and then don't want to use it because I'm afraid a project will come along that will be perfect for it and then it would be used up. My stash is getting overwhelming but I still buy. I just have to have a "fabric fix" every so often.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Give away or sell items you will never do or do not like doing. Then every other project finnish one project.

Here is my problem. I do finnish quilts for other people but not the ones for DH and myself. As soon as I would change a project and make it for some one else then it does get finnished.

As for being a quilter you definitely are. You did start some of those projects. Right? Obviously most of us have similar issues. I need fabric and materials including vintage sewing machines to be inspired. ~smile~ Quilting helps keep me sane and it is cheaper then seeing a psychiatrist. It is the same with fabric. Even if I never make it into a project it has done its purpose of making me happy.