Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Janome dealer called me with great news >

My Janome dealer called me with great news

My Janome dealer called me with great news

Old 08-21-2012, 04:22 AM

Juki has a new long arm machine!! And they are introducing some new "stuff" by Sep! So hang on to you hats and your money. I saw the long arm at the Long Beach Quilt Show, what a beauty!!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:10 AM

Wow! I didn't know one could put their machine on a frame. I'd love to see pictures. I am learning so much from stalking all the topics!
Old 08-21-2012, 05:16 AM

I too would love to see a photo of it on the frame. I have used mine once but think I need to get a longer carriage for the machine to sit on.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
Could I ask where the Janome dealer is? I live close to London but have mostly been going to Hamilton because I know where the dealer there is.
If you're looking for options for Janome dealers ... I highly recommend Triangle Sewing Centre in Guelph. Wonderful people who know their stuff, provide service beyond belief, have the classes for the machines as well as advanced sewing techniques, PLUS an on-site mechanic.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by KnitnutBZ View Post
I also have 6600 and wonder if it would fit mine. I attach my 6600 to my Handiquiltr frame. Very interesting.
My handiquilter frame that I bought used came with a Juki 98 and had the handle attachment but I sold just the machine, kept the frame and the throat on the Janome is the same size as the Juki was so it works.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:22 AM

Wow! I didn't know you could put the Horizon on a frame. I just got my Horizon this month, & I love it. I would like to see a pic of the setup. Did you get the frame from your Janome dealer?
Old 08-21-2012, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by sylvia776 View Post
Hi tjradj,

I'm very interested in your post. I have just bought a Horizon 7700 and it is still in the box. The dealer offered me free lessons, so I'm having my first one this Saturday. I'm really pumped about it, but I must admit I'm a bit nervous. The machine cost a bomb, so please, please, PLEASE tell me you love the machine and that it's the best purchase you have ever made.

Also, I, too would like to see your set up with the quilting frame if possible, please.

Thanks so much for any advice you can offer.

I've had my Horizon going on a year now and can't imagine using anything else - it's awesome!!! There are some useful videos at http://www.janomespecials.com/newmc/hor-videos.html that you might want to check out.

Last edited by JReadman; 08-21-2012 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj View Post
My dealer called me this week to ask just how much I use my Horizon on my quilting frame. I was hesitant to reply worrying that she'd tell me I voided a warranty or something - nope!
She called to say Janome had come out with a couple of new feet that I might like.
One is a FMQ open toe foot that when you have the machine on the frame, the open part actually faces you -- genius!
The others are thicker at the bottom - more like a longarm foot - so you can do ruler work without the foot slipping under the ruler all the time, and so they'll play well with longarm rulers and templates.
I'm pumped, I can't wait to see them (and find out the price tag, well, not so pumped about that one)
So, guess what happened yesterday?
Yes indeed. Princess Horizon decided it was time for a spa day. Crap! But since she's put in 2 years of hard labor, I guess I should be ok with that. It just killed the budget for new feet.
There's always next month, or Christmas, right?
Like several have said before, I would really be interested in seeing what quilting frame you use as I'm looking to invest in one to use with my Horizon. Thanks so much for any info. you can share!

P.S. I hope the Princess came back all shiney & new after her spa day.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:09 PM

Yeah, put on your christmas list!
Old 08-22-2012, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by sylvia776 View Post
Hi tjradj,

I'm very interested in your post. I have just bought a Horizon 7700 and it is still in the box. The dealer offered me free lessons, so I'm having my first one this Saturday. I'm really pumped about it, but I must admit I'm a bit nervous. The machine cost a bomb, so please, please, PLEASE tell me you love the machine and that it's the best purchase you have ever made.
I have a horizon (the 7700) and am so glad I got it. It's been a dream working with it and hasn't failed me on any of my sewing missions. Including a tricky corner seam with two thicknesses of 1/4" wool felt (I was making my dad a laptop bag).

Don't be nervous, I know the machine does cost a fortune, but it's well worth it and difficult to kill. Trust me, I do the stupidest things sometimes late at night and it just beeps at me and says no.