Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9

Thread: My pesty kitties and work surfaces

my cat knows to keep off the counter - that is when I am home. I snuck in the back door the other night and she didn't hear me - guess who was sitting on the counter looking out the window. When I come in the side door I will hear her jump down when I put my key in the door. Sneaky little girl.

Blog Entries
    The spray bottle/gun of water works, but only if they don't see YOU spraying them. If they see you, then they associate the spray with you. If they get hit my a spray from an unknown source when they're doing a certain behaviour, THEN they associate the bad thing with the behaviour.
    Otherwise, you be spittin' in the wind my friend.

Love this! I have 3 cats now(our old guy--17 1/2 years old -- recently passed away). They all love my fabric --for hiding in, a bed whatever --especailly fleece! They love to play in everything. One day I didn't shut my sewing room door. They got into my thread while I was gone. I did have probably 200 spools of thread!! Yep did have. When I got home the floor was covered with thread wrapped around everything!!

I have had that happen with knitting thread. UGH

My cat is just like an alarm clock.Every morning at 5:30A.M. she rubs her face in my face in bed until I get up and open her can of food, I start the coffee and then I get to go back to bed for one hour.How heavenly that last hour is.What would we do without our cats?Handquilter

Quote Originally Posted by handquilter
    My cat is just like an alarm clock.Every morning at 5:30A.M. she rubs her face in my face in bed until I get up and open her can of food, I start the coffee and then I get to go back to bed for one hour.How heavenly that last hour is.What would we do without our cats?Handquilter
    I have one of those alarm clocks, too!!! My cat TROMPS across my pillow! And I mean TROMPS! And sometimes, he steps on my hair and pulls it! At least he waits until around 7:00 though. Doncha just luv 'em??!!

Quote Originally Posted by JustBonnie2
    Quote Originally Posted by handquilter
    I have one of those alarm clocks, too!!! My cat TROMPS across my pillow! And I mean TROMPS! And sometimes, he steps on my hair and pulls it! At least he waits until around 7:00 though. Doncha just luv 'em??!!
    I had one years ago that would "wash" my hair in the mornings by licking at my bangs or the top of my head until it made me so crazy I HAD to get out of bed to love him up. Putting a pillow over my head never worked, I'd suffocate and he'd just go under it and insist on his morning lovin's - I still miss my Dimitri

Training the cat to stay off your stuff? Oh, I don't think it can be done. You can throw a sheet over everything, but they will go under, turn upside down and wind that sheet up like it was caught in a propeller. My kids collected 5 kitties before they grew up and left home. I was left with the five healthy curious cats who slept on whatever I was sewing. They loved the warm ironing board and would almost fight me for it. Had to put a shelf above the ironing board for the iron. I am such a pushover.

Our babies (2 ragdolls) like to wake me up in the morning also. Chester will lick my mask (I have sleep apena) where the air comes out or put his paw on the vent until I pet him. If he doesn't do that then he will head but my arm until I lift it up so he can cuddle---spoiled "children"!!

I use old towels to cover my work with to keep my monkey off. She likes to sleep on top of them. Even if I don't have a project to cover I take fabric and then cover with towel. She is happy as a lark.

This morning I woke up and rolled over to see my DH with his head barely on the corner of his pillow and our cat Sid was all sprawled out on the rest of the pillow sound asleep! Now I question just whose pillow it actually is! :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by mzsooz
    This morning I woke up and rolled over to see my DH with his head barely on the corner of his pillow and our cat Sid was all sprawled out on the rest of the pillow sound asleep! Now I question just whose pillow it actually is! :lol: :lol:
    Well, there is no question here at all -- the CAT owns the pillow and lets yours DH use a little bit of it out of the kindness of its heart :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by debbie1983
    Love this! I have 3 cats now(our old guy--17 1/2 years old -- recently passed away). They all love my fabric --for hiding in, a bed whatever --especailly fleece! They love to play in everything. One day I didn't shut my sewing room door. They got into my thread while I was gone. I did have probably 200 spools of thread!! Yep did have. When I got home the floor was covered with thread wrapped around everything!!
    OMG Debbie. LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by blzzrdqueen
    They are not allowed on these surfaces, but they are extremely stubborn and because there are 4 of them, they team up to rule the roost... :D
    LOL!!!! My cats do the same thing. But for my small ironing board, i keep light plastic containers on it so that they will not lay on it. The rest of my stuff is put away in drawers and containers. The problem i have is my one senile old cat - when he wants attention, he will jump up onto the table and stand right in front of the sewing machine, whileeeee i am actually sewing. All 7 of my cats are rescued cats. The eldest of them all is 14 years old... i got him when he was 10 years old... so it is not like i can teach that old cat too many new tricks, or should i say... "rules". Most of the time, my cats are extremely well-behaved. Butttt, then every once in awhile... I am sure you get my drift. lollll

Good luck. When you find out how to stop them, I think you have to patent the idea. I have two cats that I love dearly, but have the same problem.

Hasn't this been the best topic ever??? I was traumatized by cats when I was younger also. they loved my sister but always tried to scare me. Anyway, my son wanted a cat so I finally gave in & it's been one of the best experiences of my life! I love that cat! And I want more! thanks for all the lovely stories about your cats.

Welcome to the world of cat lovers.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 8 9