Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Rowenta Iron Caught Fire!!! >

My Rowenta Iron Caught Fire!!!

My Rowenta Iron Caught Fire!!!

Old 10-27-2012, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
Yes, they did and I don't remember the brand either.
Makes me think I should put my iron outside with a fire line around it after each use!
Mousie, I have my space heater sitting on a left-over fireplace (ceramic) tile. Was just thinking it'd also make a good Rowenta Iron Docking Station. Maybe we could market the idea and make a fortune!
Old 10-27-2012, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie View Post
Yes, they did and I don't remember the brand either.
Makes me think I should put my iron outside with a fire line around it after each use!
It was also a Rowenta. Here's the original post:

http://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1...e-t188887.html
Old 10-27-2012, 10:22 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

YIKES !! I am thinking of an Olsio iron .. I like the idea it lifts up. Anyone have problems with that brand ?
Old 10-27-2012, 02:48 PM

I go through irons, so I bought a Rowenta. Didn't have it a year when it broke. I paid over $100.00 for it. I will not buy another Rowenta.
Old 10-27-2012, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Caswews View Post
YIKES !! I am thinking of an Olsio iron .. I like the idea it lifts up. Anyone have problems with that brand ?
after one year of use my Oliso Iron is not working correctly and the company is NOT responding to my emails....Monday I start phone calls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 10-27-2012, 03:46 PM

Interesting watched a new Fons and Porter PBS today and they are NO LONGER USING OLISO irons, now I think a Reliable ??????? wonder what happens there ??????????????????????
Old 10-27-2012, 05:06 PM

I will not purchase another Rowenta. I think I've had 3 & only 1 of them was any good, the first one. the 2nd one leaked & would never fail it would spit rusty water on a nice shirt if we were going to a wedding or a funeral! this last one leaks, I've tried & tried cleaning it but I finally gave up on it. I have a VERY old antique iron I use that could fry an egg & I double & triple check to make sure it's off & unplugged. I wouldln't trade it for nothing. Sure glad you didn't have much damage from it & that you were home when it happened
Old 10-27-2012, 05:59 PM

Well... I'm getting nervous now myself. I have the DW8090 ProMaster that they sell at JoAnns. I've had it since last March and all of a sudden, it got a slight slow leak. Hmmm... I did the cleaning on it and lots of gunk came out. I only use bottle water, since we soften ours. I always unplug. However, now I'm wondering if the slight leak is the precursor to the blow. I bought this one after I had the Steam Generator for exactly 73 days. It blew a huge leak and water came out through the on/off switch. I packed that baby up and it went right back.

I have a WalMart Sunbeam that has a 30 minute off and I will probably go back to that or the dry iron. I have a nice B&D that has a 15 minute shut off. I like it, but it seems that right the time, I have to wait for it for a minute. Although it's a nice iron and worth the minute.
Old 10-27-2012, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Deborahlees View Post
Interesting watched a new Fons and Porter PBS today and they are NO LONGER USING OLISO irons, now I think a Reliable ??????? wonder what happens there ??????????????????????
My friend went to a lecture with Nancy at the Quilt Expo in Madison. She used the Oliso and put it up on it's heel. Same friend had 3 Oliso's go bad. The feet are a nice idea except it would go down by itself and burned her ironing board. She did get a refund from the company.

Another friend has a Reliable and really likes it. The orange one I think. I looked at the blue one myself, but both get really sketchy reviews on Amazon.
Old 10-27-2012, 07:51 PM

I could be missing something, but I always buy cheap, less than $25 irons, and they last for years and years. In fact, I usually throw them out because I have scratched the bottom plate too badly. They always give me enough steam for ironing. I am surprised when I see an iron costing $100. Are these things gold plated?