Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My splurge to JoAnns was alittle disappointing! >

My splurge to JoAnns was alittle disappointing!

My splurge to JoAnns was alittle disappointing!

Old 04-29-2010, 04:50 PM

I did well a couple of weeks ago with the red tag 50% off. Got lots of Debbie Mumm, and some solids, and some small white prints. Spent about 125 dollars, but have at least three projects washed, sorted and the patterns chosen. I just have to keep myself away from JoAnn's and remember to stay in my sewing room!
Old 04-29-2010, 05:31 PM

Good one Billy.
Old 04-29-2010, 07:48 PM

I was really hoping you would have a good time on your fabric trip. Mine have gotten too few and far between. I know how you feel about the fabric prices, it's depressing to get your hopes up and then have such a let down.
And about the "shopper" in line ahead of you...just think, you got to go home with "yourself", she has to live with "herself".
Bamaquilter
Old 04-30-2010, 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by amma
Whoa :shock: I don't think I have ever met a rude quilter before :(
Sorry your trip was so disappointing....
Has anyone ever criticzes you and your machine while in a quilting class? I did not say anything to this LADY, because is my best shop that I like
Old 04-30-2010, 04:34 AM
Power Poster

maybe rude quilter isnt' a quilter at all..she didn't admit to being one...she may be making picnic table clothes...when i've run into rudeness at the fabric store it's usually someone who really has no idea what a quilter is...they do 'home decor' projects and (think) they are above everyone else...a quilter will proudly admit to being one ;)
Old 04-30-2010, 05:30 AM

Perhaps she wasn't a quilter!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:22 AM

I agree with many of you....quilters are not rude or mean!

As for JoAnn fabrics....I have never been real happy with their fabrics. Over time, they always have faded on me....I've had fabric from quilt stores for years and my quilts using their fabrics still are as good as new. I've been told that the fabrics the craft stores purchase is not the same quality - no matter what the price. Anyone else out there find this to be true?

IF you still choose to use JoAnn Fabrics (like I do when making kid's items - because I know they wear them out sooner anyways)....I wait for the big coupons or 30-50% off weekends - like this weekend is 50% off all flannels!
Old 04-30-2010, 11:36 AM

looks like someone got up from wrong side of bed :-D ,when i go to joann,s i,ve come across people who where looking for fabrics to make quilts ,and i can hear them talking about now they don,t know what to find for there quilt class,and i,ll go up to them and ask what are they working ,and i help them pick out colors for their quilts projects,employies tell me thank you for helping us where to busy to help each person that needs help ,i don,t mind im a people person ,they go home happy and joann,s made a sell :-D
Old 04-30-2010, 11:52 AM

I just had a disappointing trip to JoAnns. Bought a small bundle of fat eigths that when I got them home you could almost see through them. Then the piece of blue I bought when I unfolded it had strips of masking tape on it. Whatever for? And of course left a sticky residue. Would have taken it all back but live too far away. :-(
Old 04-30-2010, 05:56 PM

when i see rude/witchy people i want to look around for the flying monkies!