Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My Tin Lizzie lost it's mind and now I'm losing mine >

My Tin Lizzie lost it's mind and now I'm losing mine

My Tin Lizzie lost it's mind and now I'm losing mine

Old 02-05-2011, 09:41 PM

after reading this thread, i have to say that my TL is almost 2 years old and except for 1 time (user error) i haven't had any problems with it. the time that i screwed up, they walked me through it on the phone over and over and over again, with me insisting that it was the fault of the machine. i finally understood what they meant, re-attached something i un-attached and presto-chango! all better. it's a minor miracle that mine still works at all, considering how many times it's been bumped off the rails. the people that i know who ever had a problem have all had the problem resolved over the phone and have gotten replacement parts without a hitch. the owner or a rep is at almost all the big shows and you can talk personally to them there. are there any shows coming up near you? and where is your dealer? he should be your go-between in this. if he isn't standing up for you, you should be standing in front of his store with a large sign that says "this store does not stand behind it's product warranties". make the police ask you to move along if he calls them. you're still under warranty and he should honor it..
Old 02-06-2011, 03:46 PM

I have wiggled everything, unhooked and reattached everything, and nothing is helping. The man who helped us on the phone the first call (who was very nice) is supposed to call me Monday morning and have me tell him again what the problem is so that they can send me the parts. His name was Ernie and he was very patient with us. But his daughter was rude on the phone, told me that this has never happened before that they lost the order instructions, told my husband that Ernie was too busy to talk to us and then in the same phone call told me that Ernie wasn't there. She told me that I should be more understanding since they were very busy and was I really sure that I talked with them? She also insisted on me knowing the part number that they said they would order and acted like I was stupid and wasting her time for not knowing everything. Ernie was awesome, his daughter not so much. Her attitude is what bothered me the most.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:24 PM

ernie floyd is the owner. his daughter i don't know, but he's great.
i bought my machine from him personally at a show, and he's the one i see at shows all the time. we chat and tell each other about updates and what i've done to retrofit mine to my own specs.
it sounds like you maybe shouldn't trust the daughter to pass on any massages. i would call on monday myself and ask for ernie.
if you can't reach him, i think i have a phone number downstairs somewhere. pm me.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:51 PM

I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction. I had my Pfaff serviced on Jan. 18 and am having a problem with it and can't sew anything at all. I'll call tomorrow and hope he can take care of it over the phone because he is three hours away one way. For 14 years I had no problems and now twice in less than two months. I would definitely mention the attitude his daughter gave you over the phone. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't approve. Not too many customers would put up with that type of service.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:17 PM

I'm happy again. My new cable came today that connects the stitch regulator to the sensors. I unplugged the old, plugged in the new, and my TIn Lizzie stitch regulator now works like a charm again. Just in time, too, as I have the next two days off and I have two more quilt tops from my friend that I am doing for free for her as I need some to "practice" with. She gave me four quilt tops and said I could quilt them however I want. It's been fun to try different things. I do it all free motion and tonight I just got done practicing for about an hour on practice material again. I have to say, it's going very well considering I've only done three quilts so far and did them all in different quilting styles. It's so fun. When I used to quilt them on my sewing machine, I used to NOT look forward to the actual quilting part of it because I am too much of a perfectionist and it was hard to do everything smoothly while trying to move a big quilt in just a few inches of space!! So glad those days are done! Good luck to you getting your Tin Lizzie problem fixed. I just got my Tin Lizzie in December and had this problem (but the cable and sensors come with the table and I bought my Dealer's table which was 8 months old). So I hope I don't have any more problems now for a while.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:46 AM

i'm glad it worked out for you. i don't know who you spoke to, but i hope you gently mentioned that the young lady on the phone the other day was very impolite. they really don't like to hear that. it is STRICTLY a family business.
Old 02-09-2011, 01:38 PM

If you'e waiting for a response from Tin Lizzie you might sit
down and get a cold drink. I bought one in May of 2010 and the longest it has ever worked is three weeks. The repairman from the local dealer has been out but just replaces one part and doesn't look for the root of the problem. The dealer is rude and sarcastic when I call there and Greg at the company number won't call me back, Ernie Floyd (supposed owner) called me back once and said he would send a part the next day, then I got a call from the dealer saying they wouldn't replace that part, since then I have left three messages for him but haven't had a call returned yet. Also found out they have quit using the inferior frame they sold my and have a new one that is much better. I bought from a dealer in my area that had a good reputation - until now.