Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My trip to Ohio >

My trip to Ohio

My trip to Ohio

Old 03-27-2011, 08:45 AM

Drats I looked in the atlas hoping these places were close enough to Cleveland to justify a detour after my Dr appts at the clinic But I can't .But you did give me an idea -I've been going to C/land as a patient for over 6 yrs and never had the time to explore the area but this time I will -to justify the 3hr round trip for a 20min.visit So does any one here know any shops I can check out? If so I sure would appreciate your recommendations and street names Thanks in advance- Dawn
Old 03-27-2011, 10:33 AM

WOW! Fabric heaven! Perhaps you, your SIL & niece could start something BIG! Like a weekend lodging or B&B for quilters. Get the various shops to sign on w/discount coupons, special bennies; get a couple of local eateries in on it; everyone chip into a joint advertising plan........Yikes! Too much coffee this morning, Glad you had a GREAT vacation!
Old 03-27-2011, 10:38 AM

We need to make plans to meet there. They are great places plan on going this in May.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by Stitchit123
Drats I looked in the atlas hoping these places were close enough to Cleveland to justify a detour after my Dr appts at the clinic But I can't .But you did give me an idea -I've been going to C/land as a patient for over 6 yrs and never had the time to explore the area but this time I will -to justify the 3hr round trip for a 20min.visit So does any one here know any shops I can check out? If so I sure would appreciate your recommendations and street names Thanks in advance- Dawn
what direction are you coming from? Maybe some of us could direct you to some shops on your way.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:42 AM

You really did hit all of my favs. Also like Grandma Fannies near Berlin and Helping Hands in Berlin. Can't get enough of Amish country, usually go out 3 or 4 times each year. Happy Quilting :-D
Old 03-27-2011, 11:06 AM

Which town is "Grandma Bonnie's Quilt Shop" in???
Old 03-27-2011, 11:09 AM

I heard yesterday that they are having an auction because the younger generation does not want to carry on with the business. Don't know if that is correct or not but that's what I heard. Sounds like the business won't be there any longer. So sad.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:09 AM

I think it's Grandma Fannie's and it's on the eastern edge of Berlin.
Old 03-27-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by mudcrab
WOW! Fabric heaven! Perhaps you, your SIL & niece could start something BIG! Like a weekend lodging or B&B for quilters. Get the various shops to sign on w/discount coupons, special bennies; get a couple of local eateries in on it; everyone chip into a joint advertising plan........Yikes! Too much coffee this morning, Glad you had a GREAT vacation!
Mudcrab,
You're a hoot! LOL!! Maybe mix some decaf, but your ideas are wonderful!!
Kathi in PA
Old 03-27-2011, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by jcrilley
I heard yesterday that they are having an auction because the younger generation does not want to carry on with the business. Don't know if that is correct or not but that's what I heard. Sounds like the business won't be there any longer. So sad.
that is sad because it's a very nice shop...

Kathi in PA