Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
My trip to Ohio >

My trip to Ohio

My trip to Ohio

Old 03-27-2011, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Sallyflymi
We need to make plans to meet there. They are great places plan on going this in May.
I think that would be great!! I would love to meet some members on this board!!

Kathi in PA
Old 03-27-2011, 12:27 PM

Kathi, I love those places you went to. We go once the a month there. I have Amish friends and I take them to Zinks to. So much fabric and reasonable.
When you were in Cleveland there was the Sewing Expo at the IX Center this weekend. Fabulous show.We went there and we saw and learned so much of new stuff. Fantastic.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:41 PM

What a wonderful trip! I live about 30-45 minutes from those shops and they are fantastic! Just did a day trip about 2 weeks ago! Sew much fun!!
Old 03-27-2011, 01:13 PM

I love all the places you mentioned. We were in Ohio in June of 2009, went to Canton for a grandsons wedding. Then we spent three days in the area you are talking about. I want to go back!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 03:19 PM

I'm about 45 min. south of Berlin! I was just there about 2 weeks ago. I got all the fabric to make a jar quilt at Grandma Fannies and some other great fabrics at Helping Hands. I LOVE Kaufmans' Country Craft Cupboard and their wool room! Im also about 20 minutes from The Material Girl! I have tons of LQS options! In my opinion, though, I think Zinck's has really cut the amount of cottons that they used to have. They used to have tables and tables of flat folds that were seconds and really inexpensive. If you were careful and lucky...you could find lots of good pieces. I usually stop and look here, but haven't bought anything in a long time, well, mostly because of a personal experience. (I was in the store one time when the owner was interviewing a prospective employee loudly enough for the whole store to hear and was very condescending and rude to her. I can't get that out of my head and can't spend my money there.)
Old 03-27-2011, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by ohiobuckeye
I'm about 45 min. south of Berlin! I was just there about 2 weeks ago. I got all the fabric to make a jar quilt at Grandma Fannies and some other great fabrics at Helping Hands. I LOVE Kaufmans' Country Craft Cupboard and their wool room! Im also about 20 minutes from The Material Girl! I have tons of LQS options! In my opinion, though, I think Zinck's has really cut the amount of cottons that they used to have. They used to have tables and tables of flat folds that were seconds and really inexpensive. If you were careful and lucky...you could find lots of good pieces. I usually stop and look here, but haven't bought anything in a long time, well, mostly because of a personal experience. (I was in the store one time when the owner was interviewing a prospective employee loudly enough for the whole store to hear and was very condescending and rude to her. I can't get that out of my head and can't spend my money there.)
We must have missed Grandma Fannie's - darn it!! I'll certainly catch it next time. I think it would be nice for a bunch of us to get together this summer!!

Kathi in PA
Old 03-27-2011, 04:24 PM

I'm about 2 hours from there. go about twice a year. Zinks is the best!!!!!
Old 03-27-2011, 04:45 PM

I.m coming from the toledo area- heading east on Rt 20-[Fremont-Norwalk- Oberlin-Elyria into C/land then I come back on Rt 2 so I get to do both scenic routes Makes the trip nicer for my co-pilot and me and CP d oesn't mind fabric stores.he 's an upholsterer and we 've seen everything around here so new destinies will go over real good for both of us Thanks from us both--- Dawn :-P
Old 03-27-2011, 04:52 PM

You'll be driving by me so when you get near elyria wave LOL!!! I'm in sheffield village
Old 03-27-2011, 06:20 PM

Nope, luv-e - you"re not the only woman in Ohio who hasn't been there. I didn't know about any of these places. But that will change soon. I will grab my older sister, and we'll make a good weekend trip out of it. :)
nanac