Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in >

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Old 01-23-2010, 09:38 AM

Mulqueens Sewing Center in Mesa, Arizona. They also sewing machines. I bought my Brother embroidery/sewing machine. They are always ready to answer any questions and have many classes which I plan to take a beginning quilting class.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:59 AM
farscapegal

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Mary Jo's. located in Gastonia NC. 32,000 sq. ft. of material. The have at least 30 cutters on the floor at all times. And always friendly and helpful! It is about 1 1/2 hr drive for me. but well worth it. She has an on line site. and you can take a virual tour of the store. Love this place!!
I love Mary Jo's too. It is about a 2 hour drive for me. I go at least 4 or 5 times a year.

Sybil

Old 01-23-2010, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by farscapegal
Mary Jo's. located in Gastonia NC. 32,000 sq. ft. of material. The have at least 30 cutters on the floor at all times. And always friendly and helpful! It is about 1 1/2 hr drive for me. but well worth it. She has an on line site. and you can take a virual tour of the store. Love this place!!
I love Mary Jo's too. It is about a 2 hour drive for me. I go at least 4 or 5 times a year.

Sybil
Thank god MaryJo's is too far away from me to drop in!!!! 5 hours....I have a friend an hour from there... I COULD do a weekend...
ah....
Old 01-23-2010, 10:17 AM

There are LOTS of great quilt shops in Western Washington, some of which were already mentioned by ladygen. If I must pick just favorite it is QUILT BARN in Puyallup, Washington which for me is over an hour away. They have an incredible collection of batiks, rows and rows of top quality bolts. Additionally they have thousands of bolts of gorgeous prints arranged by color. The store is well lit and spacious, the staff is always friendly and they offer a Birthday discount: 25% off your fabric purchase once during your birthday month! www.quiltbarn.com

Also, a day trip to Fabric Depot is always fun!
Old 01-23-2010, 10:26 AM

When my son was stationed at Ft. Bragg the BEST shop is in Spring Lake, Loving Stitches. Their customer service is the best I have EVER seen. Invites the little kids in (my GD was about 3), lent me a pair of scissors when my luggage was lost. The owner Carol is awesome!!

Here at home, depends what I am looking for, civil war reproductions would be Quilted Acorn in Newbury, MA and my closest is Loom N Shuttle in Ipswich, MA.

Road trip, Mardens in Sanford ME and Knights in Cape Nedick, ME
Old 01-23-2010, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by grammy Dwynn
I live in a small town, so I have to travel about 30 minutes to my LQS.
Me too! Only I live outside of a really small town-up in the woods.
My favorite "local" shops:

The Quilted Hill in Yamhill, Oregon
Sharon's Attic in Hillsboro, Oregon

And when I visit DFIL - 6 hrs away is Traditions Quilt Shop in Baker City, Oregon. Friendliest and most helpful!
Old 01-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Banned

Well I live in a small town as well...But we have a FABULOUS quilt shop ...that I happen to work at as well..but I loved it before I worked there...and that is called "The Fabric Patch" in Ephrata, WA.

We also have one in MOses Lake ..which is about 20 minutes from me.....called ummmmm I can't remember...geez that is horrible....but an hour from is " The Attic Window" in Wenatchee WA ...where I go to school and that is also a very pleasant sore.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:50 AM

Me too, me too!! But I'm only about 45 minutes to an hour away!!
Old 01-23-2010, 12:04 PM

In Northern Virginia there are quite a few LQSs and the customer service and fabric styles vary widely.

My absolute favorite is Circle Sewing Studio right down route 123 in Lake Ridge, with batiks, reproductions, blenders, thirties, etc. and some whimsy fabric. Parker is the owner, she has a great set-up with machines available for your use right there on the salesfloor. She and Cary are the best and always a great help. There is a great group of quilters who hang out which is fine because Parker loves to have people just drop by and sew awhile, remember it is the Circle Sewing Studio.

My other favorite is a little farther west in Warrenton, Kelly Ann's Quilting. Kelly Ann also has a varied fabric collection in her shop, great staff and service and a fun blog.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:06 PM

My favorite lqs is The Cutting Edge Quilt & Fabric Shop. It is in Antigo, Wisconsin. Marla, the owner, is wonderful. I swear she remembers every bit of fabric I have ever bought from her and is always willing to help me with a problem. It doesn't hurt that I only live 2 blocks away!!