Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in >

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Old 01-26-2010, 01:30 PM

Needle in a Haystack is several miles East of Augusta, KS on HWY 400. Needle Network is on the East edge of Parsons, KS on Main Street. Fun places to shop. jade
Old 01-26-2010, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Thea
Sunshine Sewing in Margate, Fl. Love to shop there.
I bought by first New Home machine and serger from them in 1990, when Art had the tiny little shop on SR7. Went to the new store when we were back in FtL to visit in a few years ago. Is Carol still working there?!?

We have Quilt Corner, Fabric Krazy, and Amelia's in Baton Rouge, all a bout 10 miles from me, but Mama's QS in Independence is my favorite,tho about 30 miles away.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:49 PM

Hi! I have scanned from 1-9 of your answers to "Where to find quilting material" and found none in the lower New York (Westchester County) area. Where have all the quilters gone-- west, south or the midwest?

Help!
Old 01-26-2010, 02:53 PM

Hello, how are you doing??
Old 01-26-2010, 03:00 PM

Hi! I have scanned all the replies from 1-9 about favorite LQS and only found one in Jersey who had found one in Manhattan NYC. Where are all the quilters in southern New York and particularly in the metropolitan area? Will I have to move west, south or to the midwest to get my material? Flo Woolsey @[email protected]
Old 01-26-2010, 03:49 PM

I have three really favorites I visit regularly; although there are a couple more I visit on occasion and during Shop Hop time. The three are Judy's Quilting Center LLC in Elderton, PA -- the closest about 6 miles away. Then there's Peace By Piece Quilt and Gift Shop in Blairsville about 25 miles. The final is Farmhouse Fabics-Old Springhouse Antiques in Leechburg, PA about 11 miles. All three shops have fabulous people that I love. I'm finally finding my niche and they all help me greatly.

I've added quilting about 4 years ago to my sewing skills -- deciding since I stopped making clothes when I was a teenager and still liked sewing this was the way to go.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by shaverg
We use to live in Livermore. I miss all those quilt shops. Cotton Patch was actually at the Ontario Road2Ca quilt show. They were also always at Asilomar for the retreat. Is there a Thimble creek still in Walnut Creek?
Originally Posted by Esqmommy
Mine is The Cotton Patch in Lafayette, CA. There are numerous others I like too: Quilter's Inn, Danville, CA; Thimble Creek, Concord, CA; New Pieces, Berkeley, CA; Main Street Quilts, Martinez,CA

Cute names too!
Thimblecreek moved to Concord about 2 years ago. There is a great quilt shop in Livermore called In Between Stitches. I live in Danville & am so lucky to have The Quilter's Inn in town. They are, by far, the friendliest, most helpful of any quilt shop in the area. They seem to remember everyone's name & go out of their way to help you. And they are super supportive of our quilt guild.
Old 01-26-2010, 04:36 PM

If anyone is in the area of Jacksonville FL, don't miss The Olde Green Cuboard, great service, alot of great classes, thousands of bolts, plan on spending a big portion of your day, also classes with featherweights only. 5 stars
Old 01-26-2010, 05:02 PM

Hi MN Quilter....this may be a dumb question but what is a LQS? I've never heard of it and I visit a lot of quilt shops in Minnesota.
Old 01-26-2010, 05:12 PM

LQS...stands for Local Quilt Shop