Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in >

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Old 01-26-2010, 05:18 PM

The Quilt Haus in New Braunfels, Texas and Judith Lester's Wool "N" Cotton Shop, San Angelo, Texas
Old 01-26-2010, 05:56 PM

Absolutely would be Bittersweet Quilts just south of Joplin MO.

It is out in the country a few miles but they are SO nice.

Everytime I get the chance I love to go by. Always check the sale shelf. The best time ever is when I get to go by myself. No "are you done yet".

quiltingmom86 :)
Old 01-26-2010, 05:57 PM

I enjoy our local quilt shop, Quilters Nook Studio in White Oak, Pa. The owner of the shop Elaine has helped many of us become better quilters under her guidance.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by flo woolsey
Hi! I have scanned from 1-9 of your answers to "Where to find quilting material" and found none in the lower New York (Westchester County) area. Where have all the quilters gone-- west, south or the midwest?

Help!
Nope, move NORTH!!! To the Finger Lakes, probably 5 hours north - and west. We've got so many shops that honestly, I can't choose just one (which is why I didn't respond). Great quilt shops - at least a half dozen within an hour, a half dozen more if I go to 2 hours... Plus the Mennonite stores.

You'll never find any place prettier than it is here in late spring/early summer or fall. Come on up!
Old 01-26-2010, 07:10 PM

Our LQS is EMILY'S CLOSET in New Iberia, Louisiana. When Hancock's closed and then WalMart closed the fabric dept., we had to drive to Lafayette for fabric. Michelle opened this little quilt shop.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:50 PM

Little Blessings in Crossville, TN is probably our favorite. Julia and her husband (sorry Mr. Julia I can't remember your name) own the shop and she teaches the classes. They are very knowledgeable and helpful.

Mamaw's Thimble has a HUGE selection of fabric in Knoxville, TN. We've never had any classes there, but they do offer some. Also lots of books and kits.

Darren
Old 01-26-2010, 11:23 PM

Emma's Quilt Cupboard in Franklin, MA. Loads of gorgeous fabric, all kinds of classes, Hus/Viking dealer, longarm quilting and super fun staff. Another, smaller but closer is Quilter's Stash in Plainville, MA. Also yummy fabrics, great staff and classes.
And do stop in to Saftler's in Whitman, MA from time to time while visiting my son (Hi Anne, Boston 1954).
Old 01-27-2010, 03:48 AM

Love those Ellie! (Massachusetts)
I also want to add Ann's in Canton to that list. They have great classes for those of us that are still afraid to jump into quilts.
Emma's has the block of the month which has really helped me to get started.
And of course the sale room at Quilters Stash!
Old 01-27-2010, 05:44 AM

My favorite and most shopped in is the Bernina Shop in Billings Mt. They have sooooomuch fabric and I can always find what I am looking for plus more they have all kids of samples on the wall very friendly people and a great place to shop next if I ever get to Glendive Mt. is the Enchanted Room and it truly is an enchantment to go there
Old 01-27-2010, 06:07 AM

Mine is The Fabric Garden in Madison, Maine. There is one right in the town next to where I live but I don't like their attitude there.