Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in >

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Old 01-27-2010, 02:39 PM

I have several favorites in our area, so I can't honestly name only one. They are, in no particular order: Busy Bee in Calimesa; The Calico Horse in Redlands, Bluebird Quilts and Gallery in Grand Terrace and The Fabric Patch in Montclair. All are here in California.

judee
Old 01-27-2010, 07:02 PM

Dee, thanks so much for translating the acronym LQS. I just never heard of it before so I truly appreciate it. Like I said, I really don't have a favorite, I have many within a 30 -35 mile radius locally to choose from but probably my favorite run is between St Cloud, Rogers, Elk River, Maple Grove, Plymouth run as each shop is different and each offers unique items and each has a great sale area. Plus I really like visiting the Quilt Shops in NE Iowa as each one is a flavor of its own and they don't all carry the same fabric lines which I like if I am shop hopping. I plan all my trips around how many quilt shops I can take in, not only in this country but on all my international vacation trips too.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:14 PM

My favorite, Thee quilters Patch moved from St Clair Shores (SE MI) to the western part of the state, Hart MI. Bev Maxvil is so knowledgable and has always been so helpful and encouraging to go beyond what you yourself think you're capable of doing.
Sisters in Quilting in Marlette Mi is also wonderful. The ladies are helpful, have lots of fabric and offer wondeful classes. when I'm Up North, I like to visit bayview Calicos in Aus Gres, Mi and The Hollyhock in Harrisville, MI. Both have very friendly owners and lots of fabric. Alot of shops aree listed in The Country register which we carry in our car. The paper lists quilt storeess inn Mi. I have found many of the stores above by this paper.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:56 PM

If you are ever in Broson Missorri I know there wa a quilt shop there that i just loved.It had so many diffrent colors an so many quilts on the walls an hanging from the ceiling that I could have spent all day in that store just looking at the diffrent things they had there an it wasn't al that big.An it's beeneight or nine yrs since i've got to go up through there.
Old 01-27-2010, 08:17 PM

My favorite quilt shop is The Fabric Garden located in Madison, Maine! What fun it is to go and browse through the huge selections of fabrics! And the batiks are fantastic!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:18 PM

My favorite quilt shop is The Fabric Garden located in Madison, Maine! What fun it is to go and browse through the huge selections of fabrics! And the batiks are fantastic!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
My favorite is Rosie's Calico Cupboard in San Diego. Great staff and lots of fabric to choose from. She is very supportive and has great classes.

www.rosiescalicocupboard.com

Oh i so miss all my san diego fabric shops.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:33 AM

SSTeacher, Have no fear that I've missed some quilt shops in the Lancaster area, I've been to every quilt shop in the area and then some. Zooks is my favorite of them all. I've been making a list of what I need so I'll be prepared for our annual trip to Lancaster for the Quilt Show and lots of shopping. Should be interesting this year as the show has a new sponsor and is being held in the town of Lancaster not at Host Farms. May in Jersey
Old 01-28-2010, 12:36 AM

It's "The Quilt Tree" In Anchorage, Alaska! Everyone there is so nice and helpful. Always leave with a smile on my face. Oh and way to much fabric! HEHE!
Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 AM

My favorite quilt shop is over 300 miles from my house. It is called the Thimble Cottage in Rapid City South Dakota. My son and his family live there and I stop by every time I visit my family.