Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in >

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Old 01-27-2010, 06:25 AM

Flo Woolsey, Your question is answered as I'm in Central Jersey, along coast near Red Bank. These shops are south of me.

Quilting Possiblity in Forked River is the largest one. It has a great selection, sewing machines, classes. I'll be there on Saturday as they are hosting a 1,000,000 Pillowcase Sew In.
Mouse Creek on Rt. 9 in Howell is fairly new and has expanded, fabrics, classes and does long arm quilting.
Fabric Inspriations in Edison is new, owned by my Guild's President. Limited fabrics right now as she is hoping to move to a larger shop, although she has a good group of classes. All the shops have knowledgable, helpful staffs. We do have a Joann's in Shrewsbury, not the best one I've been in but always good to use coupons for supplies.

My favorite quilt shop is Zooks in the Lancaster area in PA. It will be my friend's and my first stop when we're there for the Quilt Show end of March. May in Jersey
Old 01-27-2010, 09:05 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by julia58
If anyone is in the area of Jacksonville FL, don't miss The Olde Green Cuboard, great service, alot of great classes, thousands of bolts, plan on spending a big portion of your day, also classes with featherweights only. 5 stars
I sure do agree with Julia on this one. Every once in a while my guild has a shop hop, and we usually include "The Olde Green Cupboard" in with the other shops that are miles away from us. We are treated like royalty there and all of us enjoy the fun and the shopping at this great quilt shop.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:18 AM

To May in NJ. Along with Zooks, there is Weavers, located in Lititz--not too far out of the way and a very nice place in the country. They are not huge but have very good fabric selections. I understand that they have a barn in the back that is also open on some weekends and they have great sale prices. Sauders is a much larger place, great prices, and good selection; however, it is a little out-of-the-way. Zooks has a great location, in walking distance of Kitchen Kettle.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:50 AM

Thomas Sewing Center in Mesquite TEXAS
Old 01-27-2010, 01:02 PM

Unfortunately, the closest quilt shop to me is not a nice place to shop. My favorite shop is Common Threads in Waxahachie, Texas. They specialize in 1800's reproductions, 1930 repros, and a wonderful staff to help you with all your quilting needs.
Just love them.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:17 PM

Here in Oregon City, I have 3 under 2 miles from my house. Let's Quilt, Heart to Hand, and JoAnn's. Another 7-10 Miles I have 3 more! Canby Quilts, Hollyhill, in West Linn and Pioneer Quilts in Clackamas, Oops - 2 in Milwaukie. Too many to visit. I have been good. Have not spent any $$$ in January so far. Good thing it is close to the end of the month. My favorite - All of them! :-o
Old 01-27-2010, 01:42 PM

My favorite is Rosie's Calico Cupboard in San Diego. Great staff and lots of fabric to choose from. She is very supportive and has great classes.

www.rosiescalicocupboard.com
Old 01-27-2010, 01:48 PM

ILike Thomas Sewing Center in Mesquite . Everyone is so helpful and the classes are so much fun my sister and I go to at least 2 every month the fabric is so beautiful and reasonalbel
Old 01-27-2010, 01:57 PM

Just took a very quick tour of only the batiks at Mary Jo's quilt shop, mentioned earlier in the blog. They are
GORGEOUS!!!
Old 01-27-2010, 02:33 PM

Heavenly Kneads & Threads Plus, Humboldt, KS

Great girls and lot of wonderful fabric!