Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in >

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Old 01-23-2010, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
Originally Posted by katier825
The Quilt Place, Rockledge, FL and Boutique for Quilters, Melbourne, FL. I also like Dragonfly in Vero Beach, but don't get there very often. When I'm visiting the kids, I like to check out Patchwork Pig in Lakeland, FL.
I know your neck of the woods. I spent my high school years in Brevard County. Unfortunately Florida and I do not get along. I was glad to leave there as soon as I was old enough to move away from home. Too flat, too buggy and to darn humid for me. No matter where I live, I have to see mountains.
I see you are in NY now. I grew up in MA. I know what you mean about the mountains. With me it's the ocean...got to be near it!
Old 01-23-2010, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by momto4
The Cutting Edge... Schofield WI :) They are THE best group of ladies ever! Extremely helpful, great prices, and always have what I am looking for!
It is owned by the same couple that own the one I go to in Antigo. I've been to the Weston one and I love it, too. They are all so nice and so helpful.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:55 PM

When I lived in IN.- Nancy J's in Wabash.
Old 01-23-2010, 06:26 PM

Here in Anchorage we have 3 quilt stores. The Quilt Tree, Seams Like Home and the Quilted Raven. I love the Quilt Tree, lots of parking, good advice and friendly people within. The Quilted Raven (downtown) has an excellent selection of Alaskan fabrics, patterns and other things like seal skin thimbles and the like. But parking is a bugger, so I don't go there very often.

Down the road a bit (like a 3 hour drive) is Kenai Fabrics. They have things other than quilting fabric there, but the extensive selection of batiks is impressive, to say the least. (And I'm truly a batik whore!)

We're pretty limited for numbers of stores, but what we have carry wonderful stuff!
Old 01-23-2010, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by deedles215
Originally Posted by MNQuilter
I'm always curious to see the names of quilt shops. Many are quilting related, such as Flying Geese Quilt Shop in Spicer, MN, where my parents have a seasonal camper. Within 10 mile of me, I have Cottage Quilts, in Elk River, Fat Quarter Quilts in Coon Rapids and then Kalla Lily, in Blaine. When I make it to a LQS, it is usually Fat Quarter. Where do you all frequent?
I live in Elk River, and won't go back to Cottage Quilts, because of bad service from (I think) the owner. But there's a great shop just up 169 by Aldi called The Noble Quilter that is the only shop I'll go to now. It's small, but they're so kind and helpful!
See, I just knew that asking this question, people would learn about more shops near them! I'll have to keep this place in mind.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:33 PM

The Quilt Box in Dry Ridge, Ky, I don't live there but love to go when visiting. Quilt Shop of DeLand, FL, I do go there often.
Old 01-23-2010, 07:41 PM

three in the area:

Fabric Fairie, Auburn, NE: the owner specializes in batiks - wonderful shop.

The Needles Eye, Auburn, NE: the owner specializes in everything not carried in the Fairie, it seems. She carries Jo Morton fabrics...

The Sewing Basket, Nebraska City, NE: this store is in transition, but usually has a lot of great I spy fabrics and flannels for little ones.

MissTreated, I think I may road trip your direction! I have relatives in Anchorage, and it looks like a good time to come check out those shops! :lol: (I want to find AK themed fabrics for a quilt for my DD.)
Old 01-23-2010, 11:07 PM

I am in Central Oklahoma. My favorites are Oklahoma Quiltworks in Okla. City & The Savage Quilter also in Okla. City. Both are very easy to get to and the help is extremely helpful.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:21 AM

I have two; Sew What in Williamsville, NY for civil war repros and classes. And Style Fabrics in Kingston, NY --- the owner is a graduate of The Fashion Institute, and does she ever have an eye for color!! Great selection of 30's repros, which are getting harder to find.
Old 01-24-2010, 01:29 AM

Queen Anne's Lace in Kissimmee Florida. Kissimmee is adjacent to Orlando which is where I live.
I've visited other LQS in the area and this one is my favorite.
Not only are the personnel talented they are the most friendly and welcoming people I have ever met. Always helpful.
Excellent customer service. Excellent quilting classes.
I enjoy shopping there. :-D