Rockledge - The Quilt Place - great fabric selections
Sanford - Fireside - wonderful owner and coffee bar,classes
Orlando - Cornerstone - talented employee running ,
Arthur, the computerized quilting
machine...free Sit and Sew.....
Old 01-24-2010, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by deedles215
Originally Posted by MNQuilter
I'm always curious to see the names of quilt shops. Many are quilting related, such as Flying Geese Quilt Shop in Spicer, MN, where my parents have a seasonal camper. Within 10 mile of me, I have Cottage Quilts, in Elk River, Fat Quarter Quilts in Coon Rapids and then Kalla Lily, in Blaine. When I make it to a LQS, it is usually Fat Quarter. Where do you all frequent?
I live in Elk River, and won't go back to Cottage Quilts, because of bad service from (I think) the owner. But there's a great shop just up 169 by Aldi called The Noble Quilter that is the only shop I'll go to now. It's small, but they're so kind and helpful!
I'm glad a looked at all the answers, since I didn't know about The Noble Quilter. I live in St. Cloud and drive thru your town a lot.
Gruber's in Waite Park, a suburb of St. Cloud, is my favorite LQS. It's quite large and if you don't know what you're looking for, you'll be overwhelmed. Then just up the road (94) about 8 miles, in Avon, is Aunt Annie's Quilts and Silks. This is a small shop, but they have some very unusual fabrics. Both have very friendly and helpful staff.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by MNQuilter
I'm always curious to see the names of quilt shops. Many are quilting related, such as Flying Geese Quilt Shop in Spicer, MN, where my parents have a seasonal camper. Within 10 mile of me, I have Cottage Quilts, in Elk River, Fat Quarter Quilts in Coon Rapids and then Kalla Lily, in Blaine. When I make it to a LQS, it is usually Fat Quarter. Where do you all frequent?
Where do you live? I'm in St. Cloud.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:46 PM

when I'm in the south... I try to stop at Mary Jo's located in Gastonia, SC. It used to be located in an old K-Mart... to give you an idea of the size. It has moved across the street but is still carries all manner of fabric... cotton, upholstery, bridal, laces, etc. There is sooo much there... that you have to go in with a pattern in mind or it is sort like going to a dinner buffet on a cruise ship.... too much overload! I think they are now selling on line as well.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by CrystalKicks
The Fabric Center in Morris IL
My sister and I made a field trip to The Fabric Center in Morris last October and had our Janome Sewing Machines cleaned. We were impressed with the fabrics displayed and vowed to return during the 2010 spring with members of our Bee. Of course, that didn't stop us from purchasing fabric with big bucks! :lol:
Old 01-24-2010, 02:24 PM

Where in Greenville, SC is the shop located.
Have you visited Judy's Sewing on Lee street?
Old 01-24-2010, 02:29 PM

Sew Many Common Threads, Conway, SC and Ouilters Cottage. Garden City,SC. Both shops have wonderful
people working. They are eager to help. Just fun to visit
into either shop, with lots of fabric
Old 01-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Power Poster

Bear Paws and Hollyhocks in Sacramento, CA. Nice selection of fabric and helpful staff.
Old 01-24-2010, 04:29 PM

Las Colchas, 7th Heaven, Creative Sewing Center, Memories by the Yard, Plain Jane's, Quilters point, Cats meow all in San Antonio. 30 minutes away the Quilt Haus, Oakleaf quilts.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:11 PM

Well, for me it depends which way I want to go. If I go north I have 2 shops I like, one is Sew N Save in Clearfield Utah, and the other is Nuttall's bernina in Roy Utah. If I head south, then I have the Cotton Shops, (3 within a drive of about 1 hour) in the Salt Lake City area, and then in Orem I like the Fabric Mill. These are the ones I have shopped at. For the cotton shops if I want to join my hubby for lunch, then I go to the one in Sandy. If I am in Orem at my daughters then I go to the one in Orem. There are also other Nutall's bernina shops around, I just usually hit the one closest to me.