Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in >

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Old 01-24-2010, 05:25 PM

2 close to me- Endless Mountain Quiltworks in Tunkhannock PA. The ladies and Jeannette (the owner) are the sweetest people! I love to wander and they are low pressure. But when it comes to needing help- they know their fabric and always are able to get me the right choice.

I also like 118 Fabrics on the way to Ricketts Glen State Park- a smaller quilt shop where I get such a warm welcome. The same aura of helpfulness and personal touch greet you at the door.

I'm spoiled by these 2 places and feel out of place when I have to go someplace else.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:48 PM

Here in Big Sky Country, (Montana) we are blessed with many shops. I'm in Great Falls and we have Big Sky Quilts, The Quilt Away, Bernina Silver Thimble. 20 miles up the road in Carter, we have The Quilting Hen. I like them all. Isn't it funny how they all have different fabric from each other?
Old 01-24-2010, 08:56 PM

The Silver Thimble in Ketchikan, AK. And if you are up here on a cruise, the boats dock within a mile from the building the store is in! In the summer they have a whole store-front dedicated to Alaskan print fabric and patterns!
Old 01-24-2010, 09:04 PM

Which way do I go for the best shop?? Big toss up decision. In one area there are 3....Pine Needles in Cedar Rapids, IA. The Cottage Rose in Marion, IA and Connies in Marion IA. The cottage rose has online as does Pine Needles. Of those 3 Connies is my fav because of the cw that she carries. If I can't find something there...they probably don't make it anymore. If I go to the Amanas...Heritage Quilt (iowa) This shop is in an old barn and carries a huge supply of batiks and orientals. The cw and 30's repros are fantastic also. Wish I had the money to buy when I visit there. Usually go with Mom and sister in law.
If I go to Muscatine IA, the Cotton Shop has some really nice flannels that don't see elsewhere.
Hope that this helps if anyone goes thru Iowa. :D
Old 01-24-2010, 10:27 PM

I like merrily We Quilt Along in Springfield,MO. Great fabrics and very nice personel

Sabrina
Old 01-24-2010, 11:55 PM

Sweet Home Quilts, Conyers, GA - The folks there are the best, and lots of beautiful fabric.
Old 01-25-2010, 03:52 AM

You cannot beat Quilters Station, Lee's Summit, MO.
LOTS and LOTS of fabric, national teachers, Fun field trips, Great employees, and LOTS and LOTS of fabric. Moving to new location and will be even bigger. Check on line for new address and directions.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:10 AM

Well if anyone is visiting Australia -

come and see Patchwork Teahouse and have a lovely lunch or devonshire tea while shopping or perhaps visit Missy Moos where I bumped into another Board member, Aussie Croydon.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:35 AM
Power Poster

The Quilt House in Indian River, Michigan...the ladies there are always so friendly and when my dh wants to pick me up a 'little something' he is comfortable to step foot through their door...they happily take him under their wings and guide him to the perfect purchases :)...makes a huge difference when you go somewhere where even dh is comfortable! the one in the other direction from us the owner is soooo rude when a gentleman walks through the door my dh will not step through her door ever again...she really (bit off her own nose) when she snubbed him....he spends $$ on gadgets i don't usually purchase for myself...but she will never see his money...
Old 01-25-2010, 05:55 AM

Sew Happy fabrics in Crossville tennessee