Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in >

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Old 01-26-2010, 09:31 AM

Janean's Bernina in Pasco, Washington is one of the best. That is the one I frequent the most. Craft Warehouse in Kennewick, Washington. When we travel through central Oregon, Stitchin Post in Sisters, Oregon and the quilt shop in LaPine, Oregon are our absolute 'must stop' places to factor into our traveling time... about an hour in each. I haven't made it to all of the cool QS in and around the Spokane, WA. shops yet but hope to soon.

I am looking forward to reading each and everyone's answers to this question, later todqy after I get my housework done. Yeah, I really need to do the House cleaning or there won't be enough room to bring in more fabric!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for asking the question.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:42 AM

I live in Sioux Falls, SD and 5 blocks from The Dutch Rose and about 3 miles from Heirloom Creations and just a few more miles from Quilted Memories in Brandon, SD. I am truly lucky!
Old 01-26-2010, 09:43 AM

I have 3 favorite LQS. The City Quilter in NYC - Wonderful place everyone is Helpful and frendly, wonderful fabrics! great quilt classes. The Cozy Quilt Shoppe in Riveredge NJ. Also friendly, helpful, fun classes. When I am in Arizona it is Sunvalley Quilts in SunCity. Large shop. Love to go there.
Old 01-26-2010, 10:31 AM

My favorite quilt shop is Good Wives, located in Marion,Ohio. In September, 2007 they were featured in Better Homes and Garden "Quilt Sampler" as one of the top 10 quilt shops. Everyone is so helpful there and very knowledgeable too!!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:08 AM

Sew What Bernina in Beaumont, Texas
Old 01-26-2010, 11:23 AM

Klassy Kats, Bartlett, TN, The Quilt Barn, Arlington, TN and Quilt Smith's, Cordova, TN......all the Memphis, TN area.
Of course Paducah Hancock's is only 3 hours away!
Old 01-26-2010, 11:37 AM

We have some wonderful ones in northwest Phoenix, AZ, and I end up spending too much because their classes are so great. Ultimate Sewing Place in northwest Phoenix is a great place for classes and machines and their employees are very friendly and helpful. 35th Ave. Sew and Vac in northwest Phoenix has the largest supply of fabrics and good quality and employees are great and a large variety of classes available. Mulqueen Sewing Center in Glendale has fabric and classes. Then inside JoAnn Fabric store in Peoria (northwest Phoenix) Viking exhibits quilts and has classes, but the area is so tiny and not too inviting to students.
Old 01-26-2010, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Paula Z in AZ
Originally Posted by azdesertrat
there are quite a few for different reasons, but I would have to say Bella Quilts, Tucson Az
In Tucson, AZ, Bella Quilts Quilter's Market and Quilter's Basket are the three I frequent.

Bella in Spanish translates to "Beautiful or Beauty"... great name, and good pic Azdesertrat!
I love going to Bella Quilts they are always so nice and helpful. The Quilter's Market and Quilter's Basket are also great...but Bella is my favorite :)
Old 01-26-2010, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by joturner
I LIVE IN NEW HAMPSHIRE AND WE HAVE LOTS OF WONDERFUL QUILT SHOPS.

PINE TREE QUILT SHOP IN SALEM NH
THE SEWING DIVA IN DERRY NH
THE SEWING BASKET IN PLAISTOW NH
THE QUILTED THREADS IN HENNICKER NH
THE RED BARN IN MERRIMACK MASS

THOSE ARE MY FAVORITES
Oh, you forgot Bits N Pieces on Bridge Street in Pelham NH. I love their new shop and the owner, Liz, is a great gal!

My second favorite is Red Barn, but I didn't find the staff very helpful.

Diane

Diane
Old 01-26-2010, 01:19 PM

I am very close to Queen Ann's Lace in Kissimmee and could not disagree more with Grandma Cindy from Winter Park. Queen Ann's manager is one of the most unfriendly people I have ever encountered in a specialized store. Most of the clerks and the manager are only interested in selling Bernina machines so they can get their free trip to the factory in Europe. When the owner is in town service is OK, but she lives in CA. I pass Queen Ann's on my way to Lilly's Quilting Loft in St. Cloud, FL -- a world of difference. Fresh fabrics coming in all the time, patient, friendly staff. Clean, bright and very inviting!