Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in >

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Name of your favorite LQS and the town it is located in

Old 01-26-2010, 07:51 AM

The Quilt Patch in Tecumseh, MI. I drive 3 hours to get there and pass many quilt stores on the way but The Quilt Patch is by far my favorite.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:29 AM

I like Blue Bamboo in Plymouth, MN. If I feel like taking a drive, Gruber's in St Cloud is nice too.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
Originally Posted by Ninnie
Originally Posted by aliaslaceygreen
Originally Posted by farscapegal
Originally Posted by Ninnie
Mary Jo's. located in Gastonia NC. 32,000 sq. ft. of material. The have at least 30 cutters on the floor at all times. And always friendly and helpful! It is about 1 1/2 hr drive for me. but well worth it. She has an on line site. and you can take a virual tour of the store. Love this place!!
I love Mary Jo's too. It is about a 2 hour drive for me. I go at least 4 or 5 times a year.

Sybil
Thank god MaryJo's is too far away from me to drop in!!!! 5 hours....I have a friend an hour from there... I COULD do a weekend...
ah....

If I were you, I would so be visiting that friend quite often :lol: :lol: There is no where like it, and I can spend hours in there, to say nothing of what i carry out. So, come on, and have a full day blast at Mary Jo's!!!
I do too but it is like 8 hours from me. Right Ninnie!!

so true, K, but worth the trip!! :-D :-D I think we should have a meeting day there, just as many as can come, show up. I forget to take my camera when I go. Went 2 weeks ago, and had to park way in the back of the parking lot. :roll: so, all who want to get together, I say lets go for it!!!!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:42 AM

My good friend Jeanne owns Bearly Threaded Quilting in Cooper Landing, Alaska, formerly in Craig Alaska. We have similar tastes in fabrics.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:47 AM
Bev

My favorite, and ONLY, LQS is Suwannee Valley Quilt Shop located in Trenton, FL. It has everything you could want in an LQS. The staff is the kindest and most knowledgable I've ever known. Their selection is excellent, and they have a small dining room/cafe connected to the shop. The food at the cafe is very good, the desserts are homemade and yummy! To top it all off they have a large parrot who whistles at all the ladies and wishes us a warm "welcome." Ladies, you just can't imagine how good it makes you feel to be whistled at by a parrot. He is totally non-descriminatory in his choice of women. Everyone gets a whistle! Besides all that, the shop has regular quiltmaking classes with terrific teachers. Who could ask for anything more? I only wish they had a Bed&Breakfast!
Old 01-26-2010, 08:51 AM
Bev

Originally Posted by Ellen
I just have to add Rainbow's End in Dunedin, FL....just north of Clearwater. It truly is the pot of gold.

Katier825, I was over in Rockledge last March but didn't have time to look up any quilt shops.
When I am going through Dunedin for a trip or whatever, I stop there too. It's a very nice quilt shop, it's just too far for me to go to regularly.
Old 01-26-2010, 08:59 AM
Bev

[quote] And then there is Marden's, an all purpose surplus store that carries quilt shop quality fabric. If you are looking for somethng in particular you might not find it, but I bet you would not leave there with out buying something! They carry all the name brand designers and it is usually under $3.00 a yard![quote]

Whenever I'm up in Maine visiting my brother I shop at Marden's. They've got the most unbelieveable prices on good quality, top name quilt fabric. Last time I was there I bought a ton of Debbie Mumm flannel for $1.00 a yard. You can't go there looking for something in particular, or something very "new", you just have to be willing to look & shop. But they DO have quite a bit of stuff.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:08 AM

I guess I need to make a road trip to MN. My new favorite shop is Yardwork Fabrics in Fall Creek Wi. She goes to Markets and buys fabric that is 1 to 2 years old. So she is able to sell everything for under $6 a yard. Most of it is $3.75 a yd. So if you aren't looking for the latest but want some really nice fabric for a nice price, this is where I go. They are very friendly and willing to help out. They are all either teachers or retired teachers. I have seen fabric at this shop that is at the $9 a yd stores.
Old 01-26-2010, 09:12 AM

I have two - one close and one not so close. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Thimbles and Threads in Junction City, Oregon. Bobbi, the owner, has only had it a little over a year but she is great! Nancy, her right hand, is also wonderful and a wonderful teacher. It is just a fun shop to be in. I hope they can make it financially.

The NSC is Calipooya Quilts in Brownsville, Oregon. They took over an old mercantile store and have the entire building. It is on a corner and they have lots of room. They use an old counter that was already in place, part for checkout and part for display. They have a longarm there as well. They have a wide assortment of fabrics. It is another fun shop to be in. I don't get there often enough! :thumbup:
Old 01-26-2010, 09:15 AM

:cry:

There should be more shops of this type. It gives a sense of being to the person using the shop and the owner. I wish we had one around Newton, Ms.
Thanks. missbelle