Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
National Quilters Circle >

National Quilters Circle

National Quilters Circle

Old 03-10-2019, 06:39 AM

Default National Quilters Circle

Hi Guys,

I keep getting really good offers to take premium membership at the National Quilters Circle but it states that they will use the credit card I pay with to enrol me in an automatic renewal scheme (which will be at full price). Obviously you have to read the really small print to find out how to then opt out but I was wondering how easy it is to opt out... has anyone out there done it? Do they acknowledge the opt out email etc?

Just thought I would check before signing up, especially as I am in the UK and will not find it that easy to communicate with a company in the US should there be an issue.

Thank everyone!

Hugs

Caroline
Old 03-10-2019, 06:47 AM
Power Poster

I tend to avoid sign ups like that, where you give them permission to debit your account until you cancel it. I never can remember when it's time to cancel so as not to get billed again, and always get stung.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:08 AM

Depends also on if you like their content, I signed up for a trial and canceled the same day as I was not impressed with the content, if you do sign up make yourself a reminder on your calendar as to when to cancel so you don’t get into that auto renewal chaos. I’m with Sewbiz, I tend to avoid anything auto renewal.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:29 AM

I set a reminder the day before the auto renewal to cancel if I choose not to renew. Most times when you cancel, you will get another great deal to come back. Just did that with Craftsy/Bluprint.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:44 AM

Some answers here.

National Quilters Circle Membership
Old 03-10-2019, 10:05 AM
Power Poster

I noticed a pretty hefty charge on my CC. It was National Quilter's Circle yearly fee. I remember opting out but still it showed I had auto pay at my credit card. I would think twice about joining if the opt out is so hard to understand and I think kinda devious on their part. I got it taken care of but it was a hassle for me.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj View Post
Hi Guys,

I keep getting really good offers to take premium membership at the National Quilters Circle but it states that they will use the credit card I pay with to enrol me in an automatic renewal scheme (which will be at full price). Obviously you have to read the really small print to find out how to then opt out but I was wondering how easy it is to opt out... has anyone out there done it? Do they acknowledge the opt out email etc?

Just thought I would check before signing up, especially as I am in the UK and will not find it that easy to communicate with a company in the US should there be an issue.

Thank everyone!

Hugs

Caroline
I live in the USA and I just called them and the lady graciously marked me as Opt Out in that phone call.
Old 03-10-2019, 12:46 PM

It's funny. I just got an offer this am for this same thing-extremely cheap. Even if I learn one thing it would be worth it if I am able to cancel without a hassle. I work from a large calendar even though I am retired so remembering wouldn't be an issue for me.
Old 03-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

I never sign up for anything. Too much free info out there.
Old 03-11-2019, 03:53 AM
Power Poster

I live in the USA and I just called them and the lady graciously marked me as Opt Out in that phone call.
Keep a watch on the renew date as I too opted out but it still renewed. The rep was very nice to help me get it straight and credited my credit card. Check the auto payment on cc and cancel from there too.