Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Need help to find pattern..

Somewhere I got the measurements of 4 1/2" hexigon and the petals bring it out to 6 1/2'. Hope that helps:-)

I am still watching and waiting for a clue where to get this beautiful QAYG pattern :) Looked for the magazine on ebay no luck.

Is this what everyone is looking for?

http://www.justcurves.biz/shop/Cutti...range-Peel.htm

I think this is what you're looking for. Another member just posted it. Very simple to do.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-110832-1.htm

That is a beauty! Have you thought of making a mock version by cutting a large square, and placing the football shapes round it, by appliquing?

You might ask Barbara Brackman for the name of the pattern. She is VERY nice, and looks a pattern name challenge!

Julie

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JeanLowe
    Is this what everyone is looking for?

http://www.justcurves.biz/shop/Cutti...range-Peel.htm
    Sure looks like it! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by raedar63
    I am still watching and waiting for a clue where to get this beautiful QAYG pattern :) Looked for the magazine on ebay no luck.
    I noticed that the magazine sold with the buy-it-now, but I'm sure it will show up on there again.

Blog Entries
    You start with a six petal flower shape, and assemble the same way you would a Faux Cathedral or Tortilla quilt.

Sorry I forgot to say that you will need a hex shape instead of a
    circle. Same technique as circle.

I made this pattern in a bag format called Scallop Bag. It was in a magazine and was the first patchwork bag I made but unfornately I wasn't as diligent then at naming the magazine I got it from. I made it all by hand but did machine quilt it. Great portable project. Hopefully I have attached a photo for you to see. I think the magazine was Naive & Country Quilts.
    Attached Images Attached Images

http://reedsburgareaquiltguild.blogs...r-meeting.html

Check this out-I think it is a tutorial for this quilt.

Quote Originally Posted by Janetlmt
    I copied that pattern. Eddie is the person who posted it in tutorials.
    Is it still available? I'm going to check tutorials, but I'm not sure what the name of it is.
    Thanks,
    Betty

Quote Originally Posted by crazyrvquilter
    http://reedsburgareaquiltguild.blogs...r-meeting.html

Check this out-I think it is a tutorial for this quilt.
    Awesome! That is exactly the same quilt, she got the pattern from the same magazine LOL How do you ladies find stuff so fast, I looked and looked for this pattern and couldn't find it anywhere online! :))

Quote Originally Posted by Maria C
    I made this pattern in a bag format called Scallop Bag. It was in a magazine and was the first patchwork bag I made but unfornately I wasn't as diligent then at naming the magazine I got it from. I made it all by hand but did machine quilt it. Great portable project. Hopefully I have attached a photo for you to see. I think the magazine was Naive & Country Quilts.
    Awesome bag!! I would have never thought to make those hexagons into a bag, I love that colour too!!

Quote Originally Posted by bearspaws
    I think it was like a hexagon with "petals" added (the white part in the pic) that you folded over. The middle was a hexagon without "petals" and the batting was a hexagon too. I'd like to know exactly how to do it though, and not be guessing LOL.
    I have made one of these blocks before and this is how it was done. I just turned under the petal edges and then hand sewed them down but now I think of it you could probably machine sew it down. I have no idea what the name of the pattern is or what the tecHnique is called. I just had 2 template pieces I had cut out of cardboard I traced around. You could draw your own pattern. Now I want to do one darn it.
    Robin in TX

Hi: Both my sister and I have made this quilt years ago.

It is a patten my sister purchased from THE WOODEN SPOOL, 1813 Craighton Road, Pensacola, Florida 32504. Don't know if they are still there, but you might try.

It is called "Momoe's Star". I would spend you the pattern, but it was copyrighted by The Wooden Shoe, Inc. in 1986. Not sure what the law is on this, so I'll respect the copyright unless I have their permission to copy it. Try contacting them. GiGi

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen De Ville
    Hi: Both my sister and I have made this quilt years ago.

It is a patten my sister purchased from THE WOODEN SPOOL, 1813 Craighton Road, Pensacola, Florida 32504. Don't know if they are still there, but you might try.

It is called "Momoe's Star". I would spend you the pattern, but it was copyrighted by The Wooden Shoe, Inc. in 1986. Not sure what the law is on this, so I'll respect the copyright unless I have their permission to copy it. Try contacting them. GiGi
    I agree completely on the name of the pattern. There is a thread on this same topic several months ago.

Here is the orginal post feat. this picture. If you read the thread you'll get ALL the info you need!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-38465-1.htm

Hi: Already responded with "Momies Star" pattern. Just wanted you to know that you gave me a new idea. I liked what was done with the top stitching, so next one I make, I'll do the same. Really sets it off like a quilt should be. Thanks.
    GiGi

Very interesting.....

wow, I love it. Be sure you post photos as you go..or when complete is good too

awesome! thanks for sharing

Blog Entries
    thanks crazyrvquilter. i rather thought they had to be slip stitched together like regular hex's. not sure i want to do that although i did a hexagon quilt that way already.

I made the one that is on You Tube, which starts out as a circle and gets turned in on 4 sides. It ends up as a square shape attic window. Very easy. The circle ruler/pattern is available. I made my own for the baby quilt I made. It was at least 10-15 years ago. I saw it on Kaye Wood.

Looks like you already got lots of good advice. I've seen the second photo quilt done in denim. They started with circles, but sewed them into squares, with an added square in the centre so it almost looked like a mock cathedral window. Auntie B

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 LastLast