Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need instructions on woven-look sashing

Can any of you kind ladies and gentlemen point me in the direction of a tutorial on how to do woven-look sashing. I've seen a couple of references to using partial seams but I can't get my head around the steps involved. Hope someone can point me in the right direction as it's a look I'd love to try. Many thanks.

I just had someone PM me and ask if I was able to find some instructions. I wasn't able to find any, but thought I'd at least draw up a sketch of what I was looking to do. When I get a spare moment, I'll try it in fabric, and if that works I'll let share.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Found it!!!!

http://www.robertkaufman.com/quiltin...ilent_journey/ click on more info and you can download a pdf of the quilt which includes how to do the sashing.

Quote Originally Posted by jeaninmaine
    Found it!!!!
    Well done, thanks for posting this. Hope you'll share a photo when you have completed yours.

I've got a long way to go before I can even start. We haven't been able to even look at houses yet, though the snow is melting, so soon, I hope.