Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need some opinions ... >

Need some opinions ...

Need some opinions ...

Old 02-24-2014, 02:06 PM

Default Need some opinions ...

Although I don't always take the advice that's offered, I do usually take it into consideration. That said, I just found this Joann's block of the month that I have nearly all the blocks together for, but I can't find the setting kit (I was sure I had it, but pfft ... good luck finding it!). I couldn't believe I never finished this - only two of the blocks aren't finished - the pinwheel in the middle-ish and the lower right hand block. The rest are just sitting here, being bored. I thought if I could get this one finished, I could give it to someone as a Christmas gift this year.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]464299[/ATTACH]

I'm thinking about sashing all the blocks with black and using a green that would come close to matching the green in the blocks as setting squares in the sash. Then, if I can find a burgundy and a gold to come close to the colors in the quilt, I would use those for borders, and of course, bind the whole thing in black.

So, what do you think?
Attached Thumbnails joanns-qbom.jpg  
Old 02-24-2014, 02:09 PM

I think it would be a lovely sampler quilt if you do that. And as always, finished is best.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:31 PM

Before I scrolled down, I was thinking how good it looked with black as sashing and as border. The green you mention would look good as an additional border.
Old 02-24-2014, 03:12 PM

I can hear it crying out to be finished!! It will be beautiful!!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:11 PM

Very nice -- don't you just love it when a project gets this close to being finished? I don't know what motivates me sometimes -- a project can sit forever and all of a sudden I will dig it out and work on it til it is done. Whatever works. Someone would love to get this as a Christmas gift.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:40 AM

I love the black as well, it frames the blocks nicely. It's so exciting to be that close to finishing!
Old 02-25-2014, 08:43 AM

The black frames the blocks nicely. Go with it!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:49 AM
pw6

go for it, make up your own design that is what we all do LOL make it YOUR OWN design. that is how all those pattern books start out, a new twist on things.. looks great , just play around with them until you like what you see and I do like the idea of black strips aroundeach block, makes them stand out, I add them a lot
Old 02-25-2014, 11:18 AM

I too saw the picture before I read all of your post -lol. I really like the black for sashing and borders. Although using the green, burgundy and gold sounds good for the blocks and borders - I am tempted to say just go with the black if you can not find the shades you want.

Either way it will be very nice -your blocks look great.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:19 AM

I like the idea of black for the sashing....it will frame the blocks nicely....I do see an error in one of the blocks....the very middle block across the bottom, one of the pieces is flipped....I only tell you so it can be fixed if you want